preps
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm messing up big time...LOL

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    use the 3 diodes and the transistor in it to help the noise floor level. I am not sure of what the other part is for. let us know when you get the instructions in to read them.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sonoma View Post
    use the 3 diodes and the transistor in it to help the noise floor level. I am not sure of what the other part is for. let us know when you get the instructions in to read them.
    Will do...
    I'm as crazy as my meds let me be...Sometimes that's a little overwhelming for people...LOL

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by T-I-N-Y34 View Post
    I know you don't like mods on radios but... It's keeping me busy. I'm disabled I do nothing but sit here most days. So if I wanna do some stuff that may or may not work.. I can. If I can get a little bit of a bump in output. Good. If not at least I tried...The radio was free. If it melts to the ground and never works again.Fine. But I had fun.. It was worth it.
    some mods are great , some just shorten the life of the radio or make the TX trashy or impair it's ears ....... to each their own .

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BOOTY MONSTER For This Useful Post:

222DBFL (06-05-2018), T-I-N-Y34 (06-04-2018)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's the sheet... What do ya think? Seem legit?
    Attachment 2341Name:  DSCF4625.JPG
Views: 61
Size:  1.50 MB
    I'm as crazy as my meds let me be...Sometimes that's a little overwhelming for people...LOL

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did the Mosfet upgrade and swing kit today... I asked for a radio check and a driver said he had to look around to make sure someone hadn't snuck in his truck.LOL

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Me I would not do the D4 mod or the PLL mod. it tells you you may want to put a switch in that location. that is because it brings in so much more noise. its you radio so do what ever you like. just stating I would not like the last 2 mods.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sonoma For This Useful Post:

T-I-N-Y34 (06-07-2018)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Me I would not do the D4 mod or the PLL mod. it tells you you may want to put a switch in that location. that is because it brings in so much more noise. its you radio so do what ever you like. just stating I would not like the last 2 mods.
    Oh, you know more about this than I do. I trust your judgment. They'll be no D4 or PLL mods in my radio...lol
    I was already thinking about not doing the PLL mod anyway. I didn't want to fool with a switch and it just being for louder static. So thanks for your assessment.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did the mods for the receive. It did nothing special. There's the same amount of background noise as before. If it works it's so little of a change it's hard to tell. The mosfet kit did great. The swing kit did great. But the receive kit sucks.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you want to hear static louder...just buy a pre-amp and put in line...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JesseJamesDallas For This Useful Post:

BOOTY MONSTER (06-14-2018)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJamesDallas View Post
    If you want to hear static louder...just buy a pre-amp and put in line...
    If I wanted to hear it louder I could just turn up the radio... No, really I don't want to hear it louder Jesse. That's why I didn't put in the preamp mod. I just put in the Diodes. I was trying to get white noise level down. But it only helped a bit.

Visitors found this page by searching for

None