preps
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I'm messing up big time...LOL

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you got a couple trees you could string it up between. I’ve run 1/2 wave dipoles as well and I can say that getting them up beyond 40-50ft makes a heck of difference. When I say a full wavelength I mean getting them off the ground a full wavelength. That is not easily done I know. But if you have a couple trees it can make it a lot easier.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 222DBFL View Post
    Have you got a couple trees you could string it up between. I’ve run 1/2 wave dipoles as well and I can say that getting them up beyond 40-50ft makes a heck of difference. When I say a full wavelength I mean getting them off the ground a full wavelength. That is not easily done I know. But if you have a couple trees it can make it a lot easier.
    Yeah, I got that wavelength off the ground as soon as I was done typing the last comment...haha... But I didn't want to go the route of having a dipole hung in the trees with coax everywhere. I used to run one years ago. Plus when I moved that was the first thing I tried before I started building antennas to see what worked best. And even though it needs to go higher. The dipole I'm running now works best. But I can't get it up to 40-50 feet because "the BOSS" (and by the boss I mean my wife) doesn't want an antenna way up past the house getting attention ...lol Thanks for the help though. I'll get it up in the air some more that should help a lot.
    I'm as crazy as my meds let me be...Sometimes that's a little overwhelming for people...LOL

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep height is might man. Just enjoy it is all! All my radios are put up and my sirio vector 4K is sitting about 3ft off the ground. My icom 746 has been put up for now. I’ll be back. Just waiting to put the vector on the 40ft push up pole I have mounted to the house. Takes time and help!! The antenna is just too long for me to put it up by myself. Ruined one that way. And with the last couple years getting pounded by hurricanes I have not had the chance to put it back up. Time and help. One day I’ll be back on the air!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 222DBFL For This Useful Post:

T-I-N-Y34 (11-26-2018)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 222DBFL View Post
    Yep height is might man. Just enjoy it is all! All my radios are put up and my sirio vector 4K is sitting about 3ft off the ground. My icom 746 has been put up for now. I’ll be back. Just waiting to put the vector on the 40ft push up pole I have mounted to the house. Takes time and help!! The antenna is just too long for me to put it up by myself. Ruined one that way. And with the last couple years getting pounded by hurricanes I have not had the chance to put it back up. Time and help. One day I’ll be back on the air!!
    Yeah about 30-35 feet is where I can top out at. So I'm going to get it just as high as it can go and still be hidden/stable. It's at 21 feet right now. So another 10-15 feet should do pretty good.
    I'm as crazy as my meds let me be...Sometimes that's a little overwhelming for people...LOL

Visitors found this page by searching for

None