Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm messing up big time...LOL

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BOOTY MONSTER View Post
    are you sure it's background noise and not something being generated nearby . google RF sniffer
    That was A good idea...But nothing. I did the poor mans test. I unplugged everything but my power supply and radios And turned my Cobra on. I then plugged everything in one at a time then turned on my fluorescent lights. All the while watching the meter. The only time it moved was when I turn on the lights but it just fluttered and when back to where it was.
    I'm as crazy as my meds let me be...Sometimes that's a little overwhelming for people...LOL

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did the Mosfet upgrade and swing kit today... I asked for a radio check and a driver said he had to look around to make sure someone hadn't snuck in his truck.LOL
    I'm as crazy as my meds let me be...Sometimes that's a little overwhelming for people...LOL

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    tiny what pre-amp mod did you buy? post the link to it.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sonoma View Post
    tiny what pre-amp mod did you buy? post the link to it.
    I really got it for the receive upgrade but the kit has both. But I'm probably not going to use the preamp.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/RMRXS29-Cob...72.m2749.l2649

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    the trans and diodes will help the noise ratio but really needs to be aligned after you install the parts for full results. you should be alright with that mod. some sell a pre-amp mod that will just raise the noise level up. if you have a 2 noise level on the one preamp to raise the input gives you a terrible hissing noise, raises it to about a 6 noise level. stay away from that one preamp

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    the trans and diodes will help the noise ratio but really needs to be aligned after you install the parts for full results. you should be alright with that mod. some sell a pre-amp mod that will just raise the noise level up. if you have a 2 noise level on the one preamp to raise the input gives you a terrible hissing noise, raises it to about a 6 noise level. stay away from that one preamp
    So just put in the diodes but stay away from the preamp part? And yeah I will send it off to have it lined up when I'm done.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    use the 3 diodes and the transistor in it to help the noise floor level. I am not sure of what the other part is for. let us know when you get the instructions in to read them.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    use the 3 diodes and the transistor in it to help the noise floor level. I am not sure of what the other part is for. let us know when you get the instructions in to read them.
    Will do...

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's the sheet... What do ya think? Seem legit?
    Attachment 2341Name:  DSCF4625.JPG
Views: 61
Size:  1.50 MB

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Me I would not do the D4 mod or the PLL mod. it tells you you may want to put a switch in that location. that is because it brings in so much more noise. its you radio so do what ever you like. just stating I would not like the last 2 mods.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sonoma For This Useful Post:

T-I-N-Y34 (06-07-2018)

Visitors found this page by searching for

None