preps
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cobra 29 variable power mod problem.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sonoma View Post
    if the kit you are getting has what you say it has you should not have a problem. most of the kits have a 2sc945 trans in them and are not made to hook up in the locations as it should.
    now Tiny do not put words in my mouth I never said he was selling crap. all I said was some sellers are using smaller parts than what I sent you a link too. even some are using a small VR that you have to open the radio to adjust them.
    No, I never tried to put words in your mouth. I didn't mean it that way. I was just saying if he sold crap. Not that you were saying it. Sorry if it seemed that way. But that wasn't my intent. You've always been I big help. I wouldn't want to disrespect you that way. Here's that link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsQP...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by T-I-N-Y34; 07-01-2018 at 05:20 AM.
    I'm as crazy as my meds let me be...Sometimes that's a little overwhelming for people...LOL

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tiny, on the kits he is selling does he have you hooking up in the same locations as the info I sent you. should hook up in 4 locations for stability of the variable. I know one kit a couple years ago had you hooking up on the jumper just ahead of jp36 on a cobra and putting a ground on one leg of the audio limiting trans to kill the limiter. his only had 2 hookup locations also. just curious as he did not show in his video where it was hooked to.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tiny, on the kits he is selling does he have you hooking up in the same locations as the info I sent you. should hook up in 4 locations for stability of the variable. I know one kit a couple years ago had you hooking up on the jumper just ahead of jp36 on a cobra and putting a ground on one leg of the audio limiting trans to kill the limiter. his only had 2 hookup locations also. just curious as he did not show in his video where it was hooked to.
    These are the instructions he sends. From what I see it's a solid install. but you may see something I don't. The only difference in this picture and my radio is And the slug is gone due to the 520 mod, and I've done the 4700uF power input mod to mine. The cap on the back of the plug. But that shouldn't have anything to do with it. Seeing it's only the ground side not the positive side as well.
    Name:  12.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  292.2 KBName:  13.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  329.0 KB
    Last edited by T-I-N-Y34; 07-02-2018 at 07:32 AM.
    I'm as crazy as my meds let me be...Sometimes that's a little overwhelming for people...LOL

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    not sure why you are having a power adjustment problem. it does not look bad from how you have it wired.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    not sure why you are having a power adjustment problem. it does not look bad from how you have it wired.
    OH well, not a big deal. It's not going on an amp for a while yet so...And even when it does I can get it to stay at a watt a watt and a half. So that's good enough for me. I just wish I had that smooth control ya know...lol
    Thanks for all your help Sonoma.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    you might try building your own kit a the pic I gave you a link to might work better, even put a resister on the gound lead as the pic shows that I sent you.
    also how many windings are on the black can you removed the slug from. normally I have cut the coil down to 4 windings when it has 5 and use the slug which in most cases will give a little better control.;
    I will dig up the mod I use for the 520 mosfet conversion and let you compare what you did for your radio.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tiny I am going to send you 2 versions I have done in the past. look for them in your PM box.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tiny I am going to send you 2 versions I have done in the past. look for them in your PM box.
    Will do...THANKS!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know what it feels like having health problems. I can barely get around do to 3 lower disk that are bad and make it where I can not get around. went to the Doctor today and he gave me 2 shots to see if they will help my back. as far as pain do have problems getting around.
    Last edited by sonoma; 07-02-2018 at 09:50 PM.

Visitors found this page by searching for

cobra 29 variable power mod

cobra 29 ltd variable power mod

http:www.cbjunkies.comthreads2050-Cobra-29-variable-power-mod-problem