preps

Thread: ground rods ... don't look if you don't like links

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

ground rods ... don't look if you don't like links

i felt like getting nerdy about ground rods themselves and googling found me these interesting (to me) links . thought some here might find them interesting . if you bother to read them and notice any bad info please point it out . i'm not offering these as %100 accurate info , since i don't know %100 about anything .... except maybe how to eat fried chicken .
    just stuff that made me go

The Ufer Ground

Electrical Contractor: The Dirt On Ground Rods

About Copper Ground Rods

someone on this or another forum suggested this water hose/pipe method , but this has pics for dummies like me :thumbup:

Installing Ground Rods the Easy Way.
    "One Shot" CadWeld Cartridge WOW !!!

Installing Ground Rods the Easy Way

Why Copper Ground Rods?

"Copper ground rods actually are copper clad steel, because copper rods would be too soft to drive in the ground and unnecessarily expensive. Most people probably assume that copper is used because of its high conductivity. That is a slight added advantage, but not the real reason. The resistance of the soil surrounding a ground rod is so high compared to the resistance of any metal that the series resistance of a rod and the soil surrounding it would be almost the same regardless of the metal used. The real reason copper is used is copper a noble metal that has high corrosion resistance. It becomes a cathode when joined together with a less noble metal such as steel in the presence of an electrolyte such as moist soil. The less-noble steel becomes a sacrificial anode that corrodes away first, leaving a relatively corrosion-free copper shell in contact with the soil."

leaving a relatively corrosion-free copper shell in contact with the soil

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i use a T-post driver to pound the copperrods into the ground
    pretty easy

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    wow thanks for this post.i am currently putting together all of the equipment needed to set up a base station radio and this is one of the questions that i posted about.originally i didn't know i needed a ground rod and once i found that i did,i asked about it and got some good answers.this goes one step further and puts out a lot of good info along with pictures and well described instruction on how to.
    i have been pushed one step back since the radio that i bought has arrived DOA so i now have to return it and get a refund and i am now back on the hunt for a different radio to use for the base.i am in love with the 148F's(which is what i bought and it arrived DOA)and i believe i am going to stick with one but i am not 100% sure.i'll know which radio i choose when i hit the "Pay Now" button and it arrives on my doorstep.
    but thank you again for this post,it will definitely help me when i set up everything.after a radio i will need to purchase sn SWR meter and also LMR400 coax(start out with the best coax so i don't have to worry in the future).

Visitors found this page by searching for

HOMEMADE GROUND ROD

ufer ground bad

ufer grounding system

can you use all thread for a ground rod

home made antenna grounding rod

homemade power post driver

how to drive a ground rod post driver

show me what grounding rod s look like

tpost grounding rod

grounging rod for cb radio

homemade cadweld