preps

Thread: Hello Every one Newbie Question about a KMC-35 Kenwood 8 pin Mic

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Hello Every one Newbie Question about a KMC-35 Kenwood 8 pin Mic

Can I turn this mike into a mic that will work for the LTD 29 Classic Cobra CB
    and since the KMC is an 8 pin which looks like a Ethernet connector how would I convert it over
    to a 4 pin Cobra mic? Thank you for responding

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You’ll need the wiring schematic for the Kenwood mic and also a 4 pin cobra connector. You’ll need to cut the rj45 off the Kenwood mic. Then with the wiring schematic for it and also one for the cobra 29, which both should be east enough to find with a quick google search. Also, You may find that the Kenwood mic doesn’t work well with the CB. A good mic for a cobra 29 IMO, would be something like the 2018 extreme mic or even the cobra power mic. I have also had decent luck with the uniden wireless mic on a cobra 29. The Kenwood mic is made for a ham radio or one if the many radios that Kenwood makes. Also check the frequency response of the Kenwood mic and see if it is close to what the cobra mic is. If not you’ll sound like crap most likely. Like o said above, get a good cb mic and leave the ham radio mics for the ham radios. JMHO’s.

Visitors found this page by searching for

None