preps
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have an opinion on al capones

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    unless you are over 5kw a cap wont help much. I dont run one on the keydown truck
    by BOOTYMONSTER » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:07 pm
    how about an option to delete a thread we make ?
    ill admit im at least a part time idiot . sometimes i do double post when editing a post .
    some may find this hard to believe , but ....... sometimes i even get pissed and make a post i regret later . hard to believe huh?? lol

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i always use an analizer first . sometimes you might be 1.0 on 26.7500 flat to 27.2050 and you will not no it if your only looking at an analog bird meter telling you have 1 to 3 watts reflect ! but the Bird Meter didn't tell you that you where resonating below channel 1 , not good .

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    the one thing the mfj is good for is checking the ohms of the antenna system.
    ill admit im at least a part time idiot . sometimes i do double post when editing a post .
    some may find this hard to believe , but ....... sometimes i even get pissed and make a post i regret later . hard to believe huh?? lol

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by coolbreeze View Post

Doughboy asks a ????????? about antenna's and now we going off the topic here .

we are not asking you about your opinion what you think about starguns or ya theory about using air variable caps , this is not cbrc , thank you very much !!!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by coolbreeze View Post
    again you missed what i said and i refuse to talk to narrow minded people that think they no it all .

you can have excellent ohms and be talking resonating below the 27 mhz band . i trust my analizer anyday of the week before i take advise from a bird watt slug meter . time for you to go back to bandcamp breeze and start learning how to set up an antenna system and stop relying on Terry at 55 to tell you how to tune ya truck .

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    HV im only going to say this once and you can then go band camp all you want.

1. my post was a comment to a prior post.
    2. looks like your starting to ride the coat tails fo the rdx
    3. all of your antenna beliefs have done nothing but get you cut clean off. so the proof of your choices is obvious.
    4. this is a new forum. dont be a moron so quickly!!!
    5. i smell jealousy

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    UhOh.. should I make some popcorn? HA! MFJ is better than just ohms. I know a bird is the way to go, but now that im building these things, I can use the the capacitance mode to make sure i have the coils right, etc. Gotta hit that Mode button a couple times- there more stuff in there! lol

noizybuilt.com

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Social Networking

Follow doughboy On Twitter Add doughboy on Facebook
    Visit doughboy's Youtube Channel
    now my mfj has a shitty software version it has no advanced mode does not show me the actual impedance or reactance only a sum of the two called the impedance magnitude actually they say its better in some ways because if it reads a low swr your good because the other models can show low swr but still have a high reactance on the antenna but i dont like it that way i want to see whats going on

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Social Networking

Follow doughboy On Twitter Add doughboy on Facebook
    Visit doughboy's Youtube Channel
    hay coolbreeze do you put your cap on the rear antenna because ive read in the arrl book about a vari cap on the hot called a shunting cap sort of an L network really just an antenna tuner no performance gains but can make the equipment a little happier

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    the cap on the hot is to deal with tunning issues due to incorrect puck location, lack of ground etc. a cap is used to aid in capacitance, and at time you need a coil to adjust the inductance. Now this does not adjust the physical swr of the antenna, but it is a matching network to keep the amp happy. you can get 1.0 swr by doing either.

the antenna on the rear ( grounded ) antenna is totally different. it can help lower reflect and keep max gain, and alter your tx pattern. I have tried it both ways. Ive seen more gain using a cap. typically resulting in a longer rear antenna. I did talk off the rear better with the cap even with more fwd gain. I dont run a cap in the keydown set up.. only due to i havent spent the money on a vacuum cap yet

Visitors found this page by searching for

black al capone cb antenna

black al capone cb antennas

noizybuilt cbjunkies

al capone cb antennas

black alcapone cb mobile antennas

black alcapon cb radio antenna

Black tolcapone CB antenna

al capone cb antenna

black al capone antennas

peperoni cb radio

black alcapone antenna gain