preps
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Base station style setup, but mobile OTR trucker

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sonoma View Post
    Hey JJD I bought a new pickup last month and am going to put my antenna like you have yours. so many people try to mount the antenna right behind the cab at the bed hiegth and SWR goes through the roof.
    ever time some one ask about how to mount an antenna in the bed I try to hunt down one of your pics to show them how it is done right.
    my last pickup I made a bracket to extend into the bed but was never happy with it. I did a couple like yours when I was selling and working on radios so I know it works very good.
    I was wondering if I could save a pic of your antenna setup and when some one ask about how to mount it I could post your picture?
    Just seen this post...little late I guess, but..."Sure" no problem.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks JJD, I just grabbed a picture that you posted here that shows the mount real well. thanks for allowing me to save the picture to post when someone ask the question about how to mount the antenna. I have not made a mount for my new pickup yet because I still have not decided how to mount the radio. I was thinking about putting it on the side of the center hump but my wife says it would be in her way. OH well eventually I will come up with a way. thinking about putting it in the floor behind the front seat but it would be hard for me to get to it to change channels or move the clarifier. so far between the seats is going to be my only option. I can not put it in 1/2 of the radio section in the dash since my radio controls so many of the options on the truck.
    have a good day JJD.
    Sonoma

Visitors found this page by searching for

http:www.cbjunkies.comthreads2103-Base-station-style-setup-but-mobile-OTR-trucker