preps

Thread: Brand new galaxy 959b s meter and tx doa

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Brand new galaxy 959b s meter and tx doa

Bought a 959b hooked it up, at first not tx, opened it up and the mic board waz unpluged from main board plugged that in, instant drift on freq counter when keying and the s meter lights up but doesn't work very very disappointed. Seeing that i drive after i return this (Amazon) i get to wait till after xmas to get some kind of ssb radio unless someone here has something simple i can try to repair it

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Get yourself a uniden 980. Best bang for the buck as far as SSB radios are concerned IMO. They come dead on frequency out of the box. No it’s not a powerhouse, but add a small amp and it will do just fine. A good antenna will help get you out. A 3 element beam or something similar. I like my vertical antennas and have had pretty good luck with the sirio vector 4K. Others run shockwave antenna and they are really the bees knees!! It takes money to have a decent setup, unless you want to build your own antenna.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is a mobile for my semi i rent, and they are very unfriendly to antennas lol i purchased the galaxy for the p5 p6 mod and the variable power on the front to drive a kl203p
    I like to park up on monteagle and ither mountain tops and try a little skip

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The uniden 980 would be a good match for the kl203p. I know a few guys using that setup and it sounds good on SSB. Get a good mic and you’ll be set. The galaxy radios just drift too much for my liking.

Visitors found this page by searching for

None