preps

Thread: 2000 gtl TX issue

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

2000 gtl TX issue

When i key up, my external meter shows nothing going out, cannot even check swr as the meter doesnt budge, zero watts out it appears. i can get in my truck and drive around the block and talk to my kid on it and 1 block away it hits my mobile with 3 to5 s units and the audio is in the toilet. so it is getting out but its barely, 2 blocks away it cant be heard and its connected to my base antenna.

I swapped the pre-driver, driver, final from a working 148 with matching parts but didnt help, then I tested the voltage regulator and PLL (i think i have correct testing info but not positive), all good on those, no change.

what else could it be?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1st do you have another mic to test the radio with incase the elements is bad.
    2nd it is a good chance all the electrolytics need to be changed do to its age to make sure they are good then you will have a better chance of correcting a part if the cap replacement does not help.
    also have you got the proper equipment to align the radio to make sure that is like it should be?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes i tried other mics, im 90% thru recapping it i started last nite, no i do not know how to align it.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I take it you do not even have the equipment to align the radio then. I will leave you the instructions on how to align the radio but you need to be able to properly align the radio to make sure no one has turned any of the controls and detuned the radio after you get the radio completly recapped.
    here is the service manual for this radio

http://downloads.cobra.com/CB/Models...GTLservman.pdf

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Man good luck. Hopefully you have the proper equipment to align the radio properly. It’s not just about turning pots!!

Visitors found this page by searching for

None