preps

Thread: Newbie antenna questions

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Newbie antenna questions

hey guys I'm brand new to all this radio stuff I just got a few boxes of miscellaneous electronics and radio apparatus. I'm wanting to hook up a cobra 29 LX in my truck. Ive got about eight antennas to choose from including a really long steel whip and also this fancy number in this photo. Its about 46 inches long and has a cool looking coil. Would it be better than the whip or does length trump the coil?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When it comes to CB Antennas..."Taller the Better"....That said....Best place to put the antenna is on the roof....Most people can't run a 102" whip antenna on the roof without it banging everything you drive under, which is why people chose to use the coiled antennas...The coil basically just lets the antenna tune shorter...

So if you go with the coiled antenna you will need to tune it using a SWR meter...wouldn't hurt to check out the whip antenna on a SWR meter also, although there's not much you can do to tune one, other than adding a spring at the base to lengthen it if it's too short.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Awesome. Thank you JesseJamesDallas

Visitors found this page by searching for

None