preps

Thread: Hello from N/E PA

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Red face Hello from N/E PA

Well we finally made it to retirement and got back into the CB hobby again after being absent for 30 years. The CB world has really changed in all these years but I'm trying to get my Uniden Washington SSB radio set up so I can talk a little DX once in a while when conditions are right. The problem is that I'm down in a deep narrow valley so it will be a more difficult task. But I'm always trying to polish my system and I am running barefoot so that makes it more difficult. To sum up my introduction next spring I will be setting up a HY-Gain SPT 500 Super Penetrator antenna and will be asking you old diehards for some of your technical knowledge. I've never had any real training in this field, just what I have picked up along the journey thru life. LOL I will be searching thru the forum for answers.

Thanks and have a great chilly winter day!

Mike
    Last edited by whiteastro; 01-21-2019 at 02:15 PM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You might try a horizontal dipole as well. Get it up as high as you can. They work very well for DX use. Not so much for local.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 222DBFL For This Useful Post:

whiteastro (01-24-2019)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 222DBFL View Post
    You might try a horizontal dipole as well. Get it up as high as you can. They work very well for DX use. Not so much for local.
    Thanks for the suggestion and I will consider that after I do some research.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If your in a valley...Get the antenna as high up as you can! Anything less than 30' is going to be a waste of time..."Higher the better!"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JesseJamesDallas For This Useful Post:

whiteastro (02-03-2019)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJamesDallas View Post
    If your in a valley...Get the antenna as high up as you can! Anything less than 30' is going to be a waste of time..."Higher the better!"
    Thanks JJD for the advice. I will follow your advice because you gave me good advice in another forum on different matters. Good to see your still active in here. I was wondering if you would discover my posts. Have a great day!

Visitors found this page by searching for

None