preps

Thread: I got a new radio...Now my amp won't put out like it did before.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It would take more than just 14v to fry a radio...should be "OK" even up to 16v for a short period...18v would fry it...

As for the other issue with the Amp and the 2547, you may need to find the modulation pot for AM and crank it open some...If this is a new radio out of the box, more than likely the modulation from the factory is going to be somewhere around 75%...adjusting it open would let it swing more. (I had to do this on my President McKinley)...There's probably a SSB pot too that will let you adjust the swing for SSB. ( I also had to adjust the ssb pot on my McKinley to 12w...factory had it set at about 2.5w)

VR 13 should be your SSB ALC to adjust to 11-12w....

I didn't see a pot for adjusting the modulation on the Service manual site from cb tricks, just a pot for the modulation meter adjustment which is not the same thing... There is some adjustments you can do for the high-end side and low end side for AM RF you can do that might help swing, but not sure...

http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/galax...s/DX2547sm.pdf

The KL 203 is not that big a box to start with, I've never had one but from what I've read from those who have them, typically they don't do but around 100w or less to start with...If one of the finals is toast, then that could also be part of the problem...The 203's don't like alot of swing, typically around 10-12w swing...25w swing could have been too much for it.
    Last edited by JesseJamesDallas; 02-02-2019 at 10:00 PM.

Visitors found this page by searching for

None