preps

Thread: Full Wave Loop Antenna

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Full Wave Loop Antenna

Well after a few weeks of antenna reading I have 2 new ones made, to try this spring. One is a full wave loop, 11 meters of copper wire inside 3/4 inch pvc pipe. Looks like a giant tennis racket with no handle. I will try running this in vertical and horizontal I will post back here once it is in operation. A full wave antenna in the ham world is use for long distance weak signal work. I am up in Canada in Lanark county area, there is almost no cb on any channel, so looks like we are going to have to get some range. The other antenna is a 1/2 wave dipole. Should have both these in the air in a week or so just waiting on some connectors from ebay, to hook them all up. If anybody has done the full wave antenna , I would enjoy hearing your luck. Note I am running barefoot, not looking for high power. Just experimenting with what I can do with my 4 watts. I have a buddy about 10 miles away, we will be working back and forth, and doing some antenna testing just for the pure fun of it.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to North7 For This Useful Post:

Cedar Mountain Radio (01-05-2021), whiteastro (05-25-2020)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Any luck with that full wave antenna?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When camping in the wilds, I use a balun and a bow and arrow. Insuring there are no power lines within miles, I shoot an arrow pulling a thin wire. LONG wire, up to 3,500 feet. Multiple wires in coordinated directions and an array is possible to get directional. All horizontal, for a vertical, a long wire over the tallest tree works well, eveb arranged in a line to make a beam of sorts.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mjd420nova For This Useful Post:

Odancoiler (06-04-2020)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool idea would like to hear more about this

Visitors found this page by searching for

None