preps

Thread: Hello From Phoenix Arizona

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello From Phoenix Arizona

I just recently installed a Uniden Pro 520Xl On an NMO mount on the driver side of the hood of my 2016 Frontier Pro4X. I'm getting some interference as the truck accelerates and wondering if I ran the power to the battery if doing so would eliminate that or make it worse. Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    welcome to the forum from Oklahoma.
    it may help your noise but hard to say for sure. with the radio on and you hear the noise unhook the antenna from the radio to see if the noise goes away. if it does the noise is coming in through the antenna and not so much through the power wires. if the noise level goes away check that your antenna mount is grounded good to the motor and fender etc. a pour ground can cause noise also.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    after looking at the pictures again you do not have the noise limiter turned on on the radio. this is a design of the radio to help reduce noise from the vehicle. make sure you turn the ANL button on to see if that helps before any thing else.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm almost positive its the anl switch and power source ( cigarette lighter plug ). I popped the hood and double checked the ground as suggested. The noise isnt real loud to begin with. With the anl switch enabled the whine has disappeared almost 100%. Thank you.

Last edited by Jay78; 03-16-2019 at 04:11 AM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    the ANL will usually kill most of the noise. that is what it was put on the radio for. glad you are getting it figured out. make sure the mount of the antenna is making a good ground. the mount needs to be grounded good to help with noise and swr readings.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sonoma View Post
    the ANL will usually kill most of the noise. that is what it was put on the radio for. glad you are getting it figured out. make sure the mount of the antenna is making a good ground. the mount needs to be grounded good to help with noise and swr readings.
    I'm sitting at 1.2-15 across the board. Thanks guys appreciate the knowledge and help.

Visitors found this page by searching for

None