preps

Thread: CB radio is alive and well with still some Good People

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

CB radio is alive and well with still some Good People

Well with all the bad news at our finger tips and people use to negative in this world I figured I would share my positive experience with all you CBers. I was on my way for a annual doctor check up today about 45 miles away and taking my usual back way short cut to avoid the extremely busy traffic when a car came up behind me. The driver seen I had a CB antenna on my car so he gave me a shout to see if I had my ears on. We had a nice chat as he was on his way to work Then we came up on a blocked road with a detour I wasn't expecting. He then ask if I want to follow him around the detour because he was use to it. He even pulled over so I could catch up with him. If it wasn't for that 22 year my junior young man I might have missed my appointment finding my way out of the detour. Of course my GPS also helped when he had to turn off to head for his job. That is the second time in the last 6-8 months the old CB has helped me while on the road. Never let the CB die by keeping them turned on and passing them on to your children and grand-children.

Let the good times Roll
    Last edited by whiteastro; 04-10-2019 at 11:24 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whiteastro For This Useful Post:

Bobcat (05-13-2020), Turboomni (05-06-2020)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wonderful!
    It's time for me to get active again.
    I started in '75 with a rig in my F100.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 2mnycars For This Useful Post:

whiteastro (07-05-2019)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 2mnycars View Post
    Wonderful!
    It's time for me to get active again.
    I started in '75 with a rig in my F100.
    Yeah I have to laugh because that is about when I started with a cheap Royce mobile unit set up in my apartment as a base station. The CB atmosphere has changed a lot from back in the day, but there is still good people out there. The lady that cuts my hair said ( People have lost their social skills ) and to a certain extent this is true. But there is still followers and maybe it our job to Pass it on. Skips been really rolling in lately and it upsets me because I haven't had time to get my New Super Penetrator antenna set up yet. That's what I get for getting OLD. LOL PASS IT ON !

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteastro View Post
    Well with all the bad news at our finger tips and people use to negative in this world I figured I would share my positive experience with all you CBers. I was on my way for a annual doctor check up today about 45 miles away and taking my usual back way short cut to avoid the extremely busy traffic when a car came up behind me. The driver seen I had a CB antenna on my car so he gave me a shout to see if I had my ears on. We had a nice chat as he was on his way to work Then we came up on a blocked road with a detour I wasn't expecting. He then ask if I want to follow him around the detour because he was use to it. He even pulled over so I could catch up with him. If it wasn't for that 22 year my junior young man I might have missed my appointment finding my way out of the detour. Of course my GPS also helped when he had to turn off to head for his job. That is the second time in the last 6-8 months the old CB has helped me while on the road. Never let the CB die by keeping them turned on and passing them on to your children and grand-children.

Let the good times Roll

Well good on that guy for helping you out on the CB, that getting to be a rare breed these days.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TIN_CAN 2117 View Post
    Well good on that guy for helping you out on the CB, that getting to be a rare breed these days.
    There is a lot of truth to what your saying because people seem to be more self centered these days. That is why it is important to try to pass on the Good. Have a Great Day and may Lady Luck shine on you!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Social Networking

Follow Sticky Fingers On Twitter Add Sticky Fingers on Facebook Add Sticky Fingers on Google+ Add Sticky Fingers on Bebo
    Add Sticky Fingers on Linkedin Follow Sticky Fingers on Tumblr Follow Sticky Fingers on Flickr Visit Sticky Fingers's Youtube Channel Visit Sticky Fingers's Vimeo Channel
    Well that's what CB radio is about..... making new friends and helping people out if you can. We all need to be kinder to each other or else what's the point of it all

Visitors found this page by searching for

None