preps
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can you actually get a good SWR on a 2' antenna?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie View Post
    as you have an FM radio antenna why not use it with an antenna splitter and you probably can still find them your antenna plugs into a little metal box and it has 2 cable coming out one for the FM radio and another for the CB solves all your needs and it works similar to the 3 foot antenna i hope this helps if you have trouble finding one let me know and ill look for you may even have a couple laying around.
    Oh yes, I am aware of them. I actually have had one on my Trans Am for years now. As others have said, they do work but, it's pretty limited for distance. Good enough for quick highway information on the interstate and that's about it. Mines even a little worse just because it's an electric antenna but, still better than nothing.

I'll just keep taking the 4 footer off and on and maybe use the 2 footer in the garden to prop up the tomatoes. :-)
    Uniden Bearcat 980, Cobra 29 LX, Cobra 18 WX ST II, GE 3-5812A, Realistic TRC-448, Uniden Pro 520XL, Fat Boy 2 PLL, Solarcon A-99

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    you might laugh your ass off but the splitters are in reality a duplexer and work really well and they are safe to use i have made and installed may over the years and never had any problems other than getting less range as the tune the the antenna to both CB and FM so that you get a perfect match please do some research before making such ill informed comments thanks.

Visitors found this page by searching for

None