preps

Thread: At my wit's end

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJamesDallas View Post
    You might want to give up on the idea of mounting the antenna to the luggage rack...Those things are not grounded, and running a wire may-not be enough to get a decent ground... tried doing that on my old Suburban once, and never could get a decent ground...Best-bet would be either a magnet mounted antenna, or drill a hole and do a permanent mount.
    Ugh, I was hoping that wouldn't really be the case... Everyone swears that the roof it the best place to mount the antenna bar none. I figured running a beefy 10GA wire for the ground would have been enough but maybe it's too long of a run or something?

I was really hoping to be able to get away with it up as high as possible to clear trees as best as I could. Short of changing the antenna to a top load (like a KW series) I've pretty much exhausted all my other options at this point.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentJeffy View Post
    Ugh, I was hoping that wouldn't really be the case... Everyone swears that the roof it the best place to mount the antenna bar none. I figured running a beefy 10GA wire for the ground would have been enough but maybe it's too long of a run or something?

I was really hoping to be able to get away with it up as high as possible to clear trees as best as I could. Short of changing the antenna to a top load (like a KW series) I've pretty much exhausted all my other options at this point.
    roof "IS" the best place for the antenna....just not on the luggage racks!

Visitors found this page by searching for

None