preps
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cobra microphone repair

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If they check out ok consider adding a jack to one and making your own extension cord. Don't know if your only mobile but, on my base I have my radios separate from my work bench. Having the mic only hooked to the bench is a nice convenience when I'm monitoring while getting some things done.
    Uniden Bearcat 980, Cobra 29 LX, Cobra 18 WX ST II, GE 3-5812A, Realistic TRC-448, Uniden Pro 520XL, Fat Boy 2 PLL, Solarcon A-99

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AtLarge For This Useful Post:

whiteastro (07-21-2019)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by AtLarge View Post
    If they check out ok consider adding a jack to one and making your own extension cord. Don't know if your only mobile but, on my base I have my radios separate from my work bench. Having the mic only hooked to the bench is a nice convenience when I'm monitoring while getting some things done.
    That sound like a nice Idea but I'm considering Using My uniden 980SSB as set up as my Base Station because I bought one of those Wireless microphones for it and I can monitor and talk on the radio from about 100' away from the base unit. Don't quote the distance but it is impressive. With the wireless mic you can hear your radio or talk on it. The uniden 980 SSB is a low power radio so it drives a small amp nicely. I actually have 3 base stations and 8 mobile units, it's time to start yard saleing off my excess baggage. or Craigslist. It's hard to figure out which ones I want to let go but it will probably be the straight AM radios. Have a great day and thanks again for your info. Mike

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I repair microphones, had one of those in recently. It had no modulation, turned out to be the PTT. Give the switch a squirt with contact cleaner. Check the wiring on the mic plug is correct. If you have a multimeter, you may want to check the continuity of the mic cable wires. Check that it is getting power. 9V battery snaps often play up and wires break. I sometimes just put a voltmeter across the battery terminals and TX (with a whistle). The voltage will usually dip a little if the circuit board is getting power. This technique saves you from having to open it up.
    These are the most common faults apart from faulty crystal inserts.
    Jeremy.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Archy For This Useful Post:

whiteastro (02-27-2022)

Visitors found this page by searching for

http:www.cbjunkies.comthreads2186-Cobra-microphone-repair