preps

Thread: Cb won’t work

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cb won’t work

I have been doing CB’s since I was 14 I have wired them into trucks through the cigarette light, the fuse box, and directly to the battery. I have recently bought two radios off of Facebook market place the first radio I assumed didn’t work considering I thought I knew what I was doing I returned that radio to the owner. I bought the second one and again it did not work now I’m thinking what’s the odds of two CB radios not working. Or I have forgotten what I’m doing. I just want a simple hook up to the cigarette lighter and be done. I have checked the fuses the in line fuse the cigarette lighter part fuse and the two vehicle fuse panels. I have a ham radio in my truck and my wiring job works for that. And I have checked different antennas as well. What the hell is going on. Someone give me some ideas. Again what’s the odds of two radios dead. Thank you all

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeski1979 View Post
    I have been doing CB’s since I was 14 I have wired them into trucks through the cigarette light, the fuse box, and directly to the battery. I have recently bought two radios off of Facebook market place the first radio I assumed didn’t work considering I thought I knew what I was doing I returned that radio to the owner. I bought the second one and again it did not work now I’m thinking what’s the odds of two CB radios not working. Or I have forgotten what I’m doing. I just want a simple hook up to the cigarette lighter and be done. I have checked the fuses the in line fuse the cigarette lighter part fuse and the two vehicle fuse panels. I have a ham radio in my truck and my wiring job works for that. And I have checked different antennas as well. What the hell is going on. Someone give me some ideas. Again what’s the odds of two radios dead. Thank you all
    Well for one does the cigarette lighter still work. A lot of newer vehicals have skimpier wire behind the plug. I think you are just asking for trouble using the lighter as a power source.

For troubleshooting your next radio, just use some hookup wire directly to the battery then to the radio. If it doesn't work off the battery, well ....grounding for one could be an issue.

nosaj

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nosaj For This Useful Post:

222DBFL (08-04-2019)

Visitors found this page by searching for

None