preps
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Finally got my Hy-Gain SPT 500 penetrator set up for 11 meter

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelman1993 View Post
    Is the length measurement from top or bottom of coil
    Don't know what you mean by coil. Length is from the top of the antenna down to where the coax screws on. Sorry I don't have a picture.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteastro View Post
    The antenna worked as it should ( Really Well ) after the Mod with no more SWR Problems but as suggested from 3 Radio operators I settled for my Star Duster in this deep narrow valley because of the way it radiates the signal out of the valley. The Super Penetrator is torn down and stored in my garage in case I move out of this valley someday. I posted the picks just to help other operators with a cheap easy solution to the SWR problem and just to Give Back because of all that have helped me along the way. In another forum another operator made his own top insulator to solve his problem with SWR. I just looked in my garage at what I had on hand and came up with a Quick and simple solution. In these forums it's all about helping each other and meeting some Great Minds ! Necessity is the mother of Inventions.
    So you used the remaining pvc piece( on the right, bottom picture) with the hex on it & used Flex Seal & caulked around it to water proof it, if I’m understanding correctly.
    Did you do anything underneath?
    More Flex Seal, etc.
    I just bought one of these & will do this before I put it up in the air to eliminate any problems,
    Thanks for the info & clarification of questions I’ve asked.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Weirdharold For This Useful Post:

whiteastro (09-25-2022)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Weirdharold View Post
    So you used the remaining pvc piece( on the right, bottom picture) with the hex on it & used Flex Seal & caulked around it to water proof it, if I’m understanding correctly.
    Did you do anything underneath?
    More Flex Seal, etc.
    I just bought one of these & will do this before I put it up in the air to eliminate any problems,
    Thanks for the info & clarification of questions I’ve asked.

Your correct on Piece used. Used RTV sealant around and between factory and extended insulator. Nothing on the bottom side. Good Luck !

5. The Following User Says Thank You to whiteastro For This Useful Post:

Weirdharold (09-25-2022)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb 3/4 λ for a Steep-Deep Valley?

Quote Originally Posted by whiteastro View Post
    The antenna worked as it should ( Really Well ) after the Mod with no more SWR Problems but as suggested from 3 Radio operators I settled for my Star Duster in this deep narrow valley because of the way it radiates the signal out of the valley. The Super Penetrator is torn down and stored in my garage in case I move out of this valley someday. I posted the picks just to help other operators with a cheap easy solution to the SWR problem and just to Give Back because of all that have helped me along the way. In another forum another operator made his own top insulator to solve his problem with SWR. I just looked in my garage at what I had on hand and came up with a Quick and simple solution. In these forums it's all about helping each other and meeting some Great Minds ! Necessity is the mother of Inventions.
    - I've always wondered how well a 3/4 \λ/ave GP would help get a signal up and out of a steep valley. If you removed the matching network from the Penetrator and ran it direct-drive as in a short wire direct from the bottom insulator bolt to the base of the radiator and extended it out to about 26.9 feet - including the 8" - 10" top hat rods - it would provide considerable gain (~6dB) over the Starduster but at a higher angle.
    Perhaps too high if you're not down in a real hole - however, if you are then you might see gain over the Starduster.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've tried everything to get my new spt-500 swr set and nothing has worked, swr at 11 meters is 3.5 - 4.0, 10 meters is 2.5 - 3.5. None of the suggested lengths list here or on any other forums has worked for me so far, what am I missing?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The pic of 19' is for 10 or 12 meter so I would go 22' 9" for starters for 11 meter and you can't check your swr when the antenna is close to the ground that is why I made a tip over mass mount because you might have to raise & lower it several times to adjust it and check it where it will finally rest. And first of all make sure your matching device is assembled correctly. You only adjust the top tubing assembly to get your final length with all other tubing joints overlapping 2 or 3 inchs.Name:  SPT 500.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  889.7 KB

Visitors found this page by searching for

http:www.cbjunkies.comthreads2198-Finally-got-my-Hy-Gain-SPT-500-penetrator-set-up-for-11-meterpage2

http:www.cbjunkies.comthreads2198-Finally-got-my-Hy-Gain-SPT-500-penetrator-set-up-for-11-meterpage4