preps
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dosy TC-4002 SW-4

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJamesDallas View Post
    Yes, MaCo makes the "shooting star" which is the same thing as the Moon Raker...(that's what I have)

As for the set-up...nothing to special about it, just a Cobra 2000 and a RCI-2980wx...do have some foot warmers to go behind them, but nothing real big
    Nice set-up, is the RCI radio CB or Ham? I'm not familiar with the RCI name. I did a google search for the MoonRaker antenna today and 1 site said the Maco Shooting Star was the equivalent and they said it was 14 db gain. Now that is impressive. Mike

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    RCI 2980wx is a 10 meter radio, but they can be converted to also get the CB channels...40w radio...It also has the weather channels, however the weather channels are "Hit or Miss" with the 2980's...some work, some don't...mine don't...Could be the antenna causing it not to pick up the weather channels, or could be something internal...It acts like it's getting the signal from the weather stations on the meter, but don't hear nothing...oh well...no biggie.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is that Red mic like the red phone in batman?
    nosaj

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nosaj For This Useful Post:

JesseJamesDallas (08-31-2019)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJamesDallas View Post
    Yes, MaCo makes the "shooting star" which is the same thing as the Moon Raker...(that's what I have)

As for the set-up...nothing to special about it, just a Cobra 2000 and a RCI-2980wx...do have some foot warmers to go behind them, but nothing real big
    Nice set up JJD. I hope soon I can figure out which radio in my collection I am going to use as my permanent base station so I can get my radio room set up nice like yours. I am leaning toward my newest Uniden Washington Base ( 3 button ) I just found a local Cb mod shop who did some adjustment on my old Washington base so progress is coming along slowly. Thanks Mike

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nice looking setup JJD.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I received my new Dosy TC-4002 SW4 switch about a week ago and have been enjoying learning about it and the antenna switching feature is good for comparing my 2 antennas. The wattage reading is on the conservative side but my local CB Mod shop guy said he will re-calibrate it for me because he use to do his before he bought a Bird meter. So far it looks like performance is similar between the Star Duster antenna and my 500 Super Penetrator but I still haven't made a good solid and lengthy contact where I can get a good comparison. Once I thought the Starduster was giving me a tiny bit stronger signal on the receive and another time it looked like the Penetrator was giving me the stronger receive signal. Time will tell all tales but for now I'm in the learning stage and waiting for Skip to come rolling in. For now I'm having fun in N/E PA.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to whiteastro For This Useful Post:

JesseJamesDallas (09-30-2019)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Social Networking

Follow Sticky Fingers On Twitter Add Sticky Fingers on Facebook Add Sticky Fingers on Google+ Add Sticky Fingers on Bebo
    Add Sticky Fingers on Linkedin Follow Sticky Fingers on Tumblr Follow Sticky Fingers on Flickr Visit Sticky Fingers's Youtube Channel Visit Sticky Fingers's Vimeo Channel
    Nothing wrong with a Dosy for an all in one solution..... bird watt meters are good at what they do....read watts or reflect for an average user pretty much any watt / swr meter is ok , I use them more as an indicator that my radio and antenna is working each day like it was when I installed it..... if something change's the meter will let you know , and really that's all you need to know and that's the only reason I keep one in line. I don't care what the watts are I just want to know if something change's , it's you first indication something is amiss and you can go investigate so you don't blow something up and let the smoke out.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sticky Fingers For This Useful Post:

whiteastro (05-07-2020)

Visitors found this page by searching for

http:www.cbjunkies.comthreads2200-Dosy-TC-4002-SW-4