preps
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battery or Frame ????

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mine is a whine that changes with RPM too. Both radios cases are grounded too. I can cut about 3 ft. of ground off if I go back to the frame. It seems like there was less noise when connected to the frame before.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    what kind of vehicle is this on?
    what kind of coax are you running and antenna running?

when i hook up a radio i run both pos and neg to the battery
    that way the radio is not trying to find a good ground thru the dash mount then thru the firewall and thru the little strips of bonding

and then i run a flat strap from the radio to the frame and not a seatbolt

since the radio requires both a pos and neg then i give it the best source possible and im pretty sure its going to run thru a copper negative wire better than running back thru the dash and where ever else

also with the amps i install
    i hook a pos and neg to the battery or batteries
    and at the bolt on the back of the case i run a cable or large flat ground strap directly thru the bed to the frame

run a ground cable from bolt holding alternator and run to the neg post on battery then a cable from there to the frame

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mine is a 2010 Chevy PU.
    I have 6 ga. copper wire from Pos. post on Battery to radios and 8ga from Neg. post on Battery. Both radios have a ground at the back of the case to a ground that goes to frame.

It could be that I am just spoiled from driving a diesel PU back in the 80's and there being NO whine or motor noise that came thru the radio.

It isn't terrible, but just bugs the piss out of me.
    Radios are performing great. Just don't like the whine. It seems louder under 10 mph and then fades away as I speed up. Really can't hear it at hwy speed, just don't know if it is overshadowed by road noise.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    you will never get that fully out. there is a leaky diode. you will need both the cap and power filter.
    by BOOTYMONSTER » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:07 pm
    how about an option to delete a thread we make ?
    ill admit im at least a part time idiot . sometimes i do double post when editing a post .
    some may find this hard to believe , but ....... sometimes i even get pissed and make a post i regret later . hard to believe huh?? lol

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Or a big ass ferrite on the hot line of the alternator that feeds power to the vehicle. Trick we used to do back in the day with whine in the stereo sustems is ground the alternator case to the motor. It might fix it, it might not. Try it- minght be as simple as that.

noizybuilt.com

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I meant ground alt case and neg batt to one point on the motor. Sorry too much coffee and iphone keyboard. Lol

noizybuilt.com

Visitors found this page by searching for