preps

Thread: Uniden Pro 520XL Issues

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Uniden Pro 520XL Issues

Hi all,

I’m running a Uniden Pro 520XL with a Firestik II 3 foot antenna. Recently I’ve had a few issues. Sometimes my mic won’t key up and then other times it will. Sometimes I’ll turn on my radio and the volume will be really low, then it will return to normal. Usually all channels will have the same volume level, but lately some channels have been a lot louder than others. Could someone help me out with some troubleshooting?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Check your antenna connections. Could be an issue with either the antenna itself, or the coax and/or the connectors. Check for kinks in the coax and make sure your connectors are good and don’t have any issues. Could be a piece of shield is touching center pin as well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 222DBFL For This Useful Post:

BOOTY MONSTER (10-14-2019)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If fixing the coax or replacing the Mic doesn't fix the problem...Just chunk the radio and buy another one...It would cost more to fix that radio at a CB Shop, than it's worth...You can get a new one for between 40-50 bucks.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JesseJamesDallas For This Useful Post:

222DBFL (10-12-2019), BOOTY MONSTER (10-14-2019)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the replies guys.

I think it’s an issue with the mic. Whenever the radio isn’t working like normal, I talk into the mic even though it isn’t keying up, once I stop talking the radio starts to work like normal again and the mic works. Has anyone experienced an issue like this or can confirm it’s the mic?

Thanks,
    Will
    Last edited by WCreighton; 10-13-2019 at 06:24 PM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've had mic issues with my President McKinley where I could key the mic and nothing happen...switch in the mic was wore out.

Good thing about the Uniden 520's, is any 4 pin mic wired for Cobra/Galaxy radios will work on it...So you can go to your nearest truck stop, buy any mic wired for a 4-pin cobra/galaxy radio and it will work with your 520...

Visitors found this page by searching for

None