Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Uniden pc68ltx

Need help. Weather band not working.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If it’s not working, it’s probably best off to just get another one as the cost to troubleshoot and fix it will be about or more then the cost of a new one. What exactly is it not doing?? Just not picking up any weather? Was it working then just stopped?? Give as much info as you can. It helps us help you.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes it was working then stopped. When turning it on the weather band there is a pop then nothing. The solder side of weather band gets warm. Cb section works fine. Nothing out of weather band. Considered realigning. But looking for suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    good luck with it...most shops won't even attempt to work on a weather band board! I have a RCI 2980wx that the weather band has not worked on since I got the radio...some say weather bands are real picky about what antenna's they work with...not sure if the antenna is my problem or not, I just know I have yet to find a shop willing to check it out and try and fix it...two different antennas I've tried and neither worked....meter shows I have a good signal on weather bands, but nothing comes out the speaker...plus the green Power button light blinks instead of staying solid lit, and I've been told that is a sign the radio is searching for the weather channels but can't lock on...(nothing in the owners manual confirms that tho)

Visitors found this page by searching for

http:www.cbjunkies.comthreads2211-Uniden-pc68ltx