preps

Thread: Is it Worth the Hassle to Modify Radio ?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is it Worth the Hassle to Modify Radio ?

I picked up a used Ranger RCI-2950 & have a Cobra 29 LTD WX Classic.

I'm not a trucker etc... I've always thought CB/AM radio was interesting.

I'd like to put the Cobra in my 98 Chevy Silverado & use the Ranger as my base radio.

Is it worth the trouble having these radios tuned &/or modified? If so.... who's a reputable person that I could send them to?

Thank you.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If they work for you, I would leave them alone if it were me...want more power out of them, then get a amp and stick inline behind them....

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JesseJamesDallas For This Useful Post:

222DBFL (11-04-2019), 454 (03-04-2020)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Before you do anything make sure you have a good antenna setup for your base and mobile. Coax, connectors, and a good antenna will do wonders. But it all boils down to whether the conditions are good or bad. Like JJD said, you want more power, add a small amp behind the radio and boost the power that way. Leave the radios stock.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 222DBFL For This Useful Post:

454 (03-04-2020)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Social Networking

Follow Sticky Fingers On Twitter Add Sticky Fingers on Facebook Add Sticky Fingers on Google+ Add Sticky Fingers on Bebo
    Add Sticky Fingers on Linkedin Follow Sticky Fingers on Tumblr Follow Sticky Fingers on Flickr Visit Sticky Fingers's Youtube Channel Visit Sticky Fingers's Vimeo Channel
    Don't spend your money on your radio if it's working ok already.... a few more watts out of it wont make a bit of difference to anyone you talk to...... you could own the best radio ever and it will still be next to useless if you have a rubbish antenna...... spend your money on good quality antenna's...... as big as you can fit on your car..... then you will be talking...... add a small amp 100 watts is plenty , don't waste your money with all this peak n tune rubbish , your stock standard radio will work just fine..... trust me .

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Social Networking

Follow Sneakysnake515 On Twitter Add Sneakysnake515 on Facebook
    Turn your am modulation lose and am key power down to 3 watts & let it swing crisp clear modulation!

Visitors found this page by searching for

None