I bought a cheap Uniden on Amazon. Paid this guy to tune it. For an Extra $100 cash he told me he could do something called a "peek and tweek" to turn my $50 CB radio in a $1000.00 CB radio by boosting the sender power or something I don't remember exactly only that it could be the same as the best super expensive models so I paid him.

Then I left his place and when to the auto electric mechanic and he hooked up the CB to the battery or fuse box. He said power is surging through CB radio messing up the reception but he doesn't know what fuse to use for the radio to limit the power. here is the CB radio manual

https://www.gpscentral.ca/manuals/Un...5XL_Manual.pdf

It says 12 volts in one place and 13.8 volts in another but doesn't say anything about the power needed for a peek and tweek.

So now I need a fuse connector and not sure what to get. It came with a 12 volt Cig plug in and thie manual mentions 13.8volts (so why did it come with a 12 volt?) but the tuner guy increased the power needs. So what voltage do I need for it now? 14? 15? 18 ?

The Auto electric guy doesn't have a clue and the CB tuner won't answer the phone. His GF said he was a trucker and gone for a long time.

Car is sitting at auto electric shop and I need an answer. Can someone please help me ?