preps
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Radiowavz 11 meter Double Bazooka Antenna

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    getting that antenna out from under the roof and 10+ feet above it will increase your tx and rx ability and of course going higher is always better . i'll suggest that before a small amp . a amp is useless if you can't hear anybody to talk to ..... but since you already have the amp try it and see what happens .

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BOOTY MONSTER For This Useful Post:

whiteastro (03-12-2020)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Turboomni View Post
    Yeah my personal reason is I'm cheap!! Seriously though I heard the preamp would amplify the signal but also all the trash around it. Sounds like a volume control to me.
    mostly true particularly for CB amps . some of the old palomar/cobra and a few others actually had beneficial preamps . but they're not as effective as ham preamps , some of which a VERY expensive IMO .

https://www.eham.net/reviews/view-category?id=66

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BOOTY MONSTER For This Useful Post:

Turboomni (03-12-2020)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BOOTY MONSTER View Post
    getting that antenna out from under the roof and 10+ feet above it will increase your tx and rx ability and of course going higher is always better . i'll suggest that before a small amp . a amp is useless if you can't hear anybody to talk to ..... but since you already have the amp try it and see what happens .
    Yes I agree completely. Only time I have tried it was 2 in the afternoon for an hour or so last week. Going to try it at dusk and evening and see what I get. If not good I will figure out how to mount it outside. Thanks.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I have tried it again this time in the evening and afternoon and nothing. I receive jamming type signals ,nothing on ch 6 . So before dragging the antenna out of the attic of my garage I had an idea. I have a mag mount mobile antenna and I brought my 980 to the car and set it up. Turned it on and still nothing, so I drove to a location that was high and clear of trees and near the highway. I got a radio check on 19 no problem. Scanned usb and lower lsb manually and still nothing anywhere ,about the same crap as back at the base antenna. I guess no one is on in my area ,,no skip,, disappointing.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Turboomni For This Useful Post:

whiteastro (03-15-2020)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't get down, I haven't had skip roll in for sometime now. Nor have I had much local traffic either. I took a ride yesterday in my car to get a filter & oil to do a oil change on my motorcycle and the radio was dead. I did a small tuneup on my 979 to crank up the modulation and all people would say when I ask for a radio check was ( IT'S WORKING ) they wouldn't answer how it sounded. People have changed and sometimes don't want to talk to strangers. I'm lucky a few days before I got some good responds so I'm confident it's working good. To sum it up Be patient it's a different world today!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to whiteastro For This Useful Post:

Turboomni (03-15-2020)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey thanks for the pep talk ,I appreciate it. What kinda bike you got? Very nice! I always wanted a bike but since I am not an experienced rider I will not chance my aging bones to injury due to incompetence . I have a few old cars though. I have not given up on CB ,not even close. It is a learning process and I find it interesting.
    Last edited by Turboomni; 03-15-2020 at 05:03 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Turboomni For This Useful Post:

whiteastro (03-15-2020)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a little 250 Yamaha Virago, Light, Nimble, and 75-80 MPG. Had 2200 mile on it when I bought it 5 years ago for $1800 and put 10,000 more miles on it with no breakdowns or trouble. Only weighs 450 LBS so easy to pickup or transport. Take a motorcycle safety course, ride defensively, don't HotDog, and wear Safety color clothes & helmet and you will be OK. And last but not least Happy CBen!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to whiteastro For This Useful Post:

Turboomni (03-15-2020)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I brought the Double Bazooka outside the garage attic and hung it between 2 trees about the same height next to the garage. Alas,,,,same thing. So the garage wasn't the problem. I may go mobile ,just got to figure out the best way to wire the CB and kl203 in the truck. Maybe get that kick ass mag mount antenna by Siro or something that someone here recommended to me. I will have to find it here.
    Last edited by Turboomni; 03-22-2020 at 08:22 PM. Reason: more to add.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I guess it is the Sirio Performer 5000 with mag mount. But not sure. I also need to find out the best and correct way to wire the CB and kl203 in my truck.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Turboomni View Post
    I brought the Double Bazooka outside the garage attic and hung it between 2 trees about the same height next to the garage. Alas,,,,same thing. So the garage wasn't the problem. I may go mobile ,just got to figure out the best way to wire the CB and kl203 in the truck. Maybe get that kick ass mag mount antenna by Siro or something that someone here recommended to me. I will have to find it here.

Keep the faith! After a couple days of shoveling dirt for spring clean-up I decided to work inside yesterday to rearrange my Radio room and setup. I set my 980 up with my Palomar as a base station and the air-waves were dead and it has been that way lately even on AM. I haven't really heard the gas works in their water trucks much either. I'm sure the corona virus is keeping people home and they might not have a Base station set up.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to whiteastro For This Useful Post:

Turboomni (03-23-2020)

Visitors found this page by searching for

None