preps
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Power Microphones

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Power Microphones

What is the big deal with having a power mic? For instance, I can't run a power mic to its full potential, because everytime I key up with a power mic I have to cut it back because I start to get feed back from all the modulation my radio puts out. So myself I don't run a power mic because my radio is like having a power mic, some people think I am so I let them think I have a power mic. I think power mics are for those mudducks who think they can talk to the world on 4 watts.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Social Networking

Follow doughboy On Twitter Add doughboy on Facebook
    Visit doughboy's Youtube Channel
    does it do it without the amp on maybe rf in it but i agree i dont use power mike just stock mike on cobra 29 is loud enough but some people like that sound of the power mikes

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Depends on the Power Mic...IMO the Astatic Road Devil is a P.O.S....But I do like the RF Limited Extreme 2018's. They work real good with Cobra 29's...Since the 29's don't have a echo board, the 2018 does, and is a good match up with the 29...Plus, the 2018 also has a noise cancelling switch that helps not only cut out back ground noise, but also helps with squealing...

Once you figure out how you want a 2018 set, you'll never want to go back to using anything else...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JesseJamesDallas For This Useful Post:

BOOTY MONSTER (10-27-2012), hotrod (10-27-2012)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have no issues with running a 575 m6 in my little honda.. with a 2x6...and i have talked pretty far when only on 3watts...with a noizy built antenna. One suggestion."bonding"!

D-MAX 2112-NJ

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    if you have a problem with running a power mic with the amp on then you have rf coming back at the radio .

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i've heard that the Cobra's come out of the box talking loud,especially the 148GTL's which is one of the reasons i have two.i've gotten great reports on my transmission while using either of the 148GTl's and they are both stock outside of the channel mods.
    so maybe the fact that the Cobra's come factory loud and proud is causing the issue.meaning that whatever part of the radio that controls the audio output,mix that with extra power and you're getting the squeal.i'd find out what area of the board it is and have it turned down,if you want to really run a power mic.
    just my .02c's and i am in no way a radio tech,nor do i know shit about the technical side of CB's.just an opinion from general electronics experience and use.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    a power mic was designed for "stock" radios with no audio mods ... performing Audio mods eliminate the reason for a power mic... if a radio is done right u should be able to run a noise canceling mic and still have alot louder than stock audio and not pick all the back ground noise.... personally i run a RK 56 on my 29 ... and anyone that has listen to me knows i do not lack audio

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SkipShooter For This Useful Post:

High Voltage Mobile NJ (02-11-2013)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i find that even with a stock radio you cant run the power mic wide open and mic gain wide open
    usually gotta turn 1 or the other down alttle

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I use to run a d104 astatic on my Demco Satellite tube base station in the early days and a Turner plus 3 ; but lately I have just used the noise canceling mikes as in my area there is not much traffic to cut through . Power mikes bleed over if not used properly also and distort . I am searching for my turner in the basement but would lower the output and it sounds good . I would never put a power mike over half power . I was looking at the road devil and might get that . I run my hr2510 only with a stock mike .
    Eddie aka Ducksoupe

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by skipshooter View Post
    a power mic was designed for "stock" radios with no audio mods ... Performing audio mods eliminate the reason for a power mic... If a radio is done right u should be able to run a noise canceling mic and still have alot louder than stock audio and not pick all the back ground noise.... Personally i run a rk 56 on my 29 ... And anyone that has listen to me knows i do not lack audio
    this is really 100% true what skipshooter said, but can run power mics like the vintage ones are best, 575m6, 1104c, silver eagle, turner +3 & +2, shure 526t, but must know how to adjust your radio mic gain(also power mic volume) and use chokes and ground out radio, power supply and box or you will get RID OF those problems. Once you adjust all those items the power mics will sound great. But have to know your shit on the adjusting and choking the mic cord to stop rf from getting in.
    RCI-2950DX, 1978 Cobra 148 GTL Taiwan, SHURE526T MIC, Tug-8 With Astatic 10 DA Head, Astatic 575M6, ASTRON 70/20 AMP POWER SUPPLIES, IMAX 2000 W GROUND PLANE KIT. TIMES MICROWAVE LMR-400 COAX, RF CHOKES. DIAMOND SWR/POWER INLINE METER. 250 of Sea Level Under Me. Recent World Radio Member.

Visitors found this page by searching for

cb power mic review

cb power mic

best mic cobra 29

cb power mic reviews

cobra power mic reviews

best cb radio power mic

best cb power mic

www.cb.radio.power.mic.com

homemade cb power micpowered by vBulletin general lee cb radioPower microphone for Cb radiobest mic for cobra 29show cobra power micksbest cb mikecb mic feedbackbest cb mic for cobra 29best power mic for cobra 29cb radio power micastatic road devil microphone general lee radiocobra 29 best miccb radio squeals when using power micgood mic for cobra 29power cb microphonescb powe mic reviewsBest power mic for CB