preps

Thread: Deciding between two radios

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the info. I also was wondering if I only use SSB with an amp I could just run the 980 and amp both right out of the box correct? I think that is what you said. And if I do use AM I could just turn the amp off and it should go through the amp un amplified ? Sorry for the noob questions.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Turboomni View Post
    Thanks for the info. I also was wondering if I only use SSB with an amp I could just run the 980 and amp both right out of the box correct? I think that is what you said. And if I do use AM I could just turn the amp off and it should go through the amp un amplified ? Sorry for the noob questions.
    You can run the radio with the amp on or off in either am or ssb just make sure if the amp is on and you are running ssb you have the ssb switch on the amp turned on. if your in AM make sure the amp ssb switch is off. If you get the KL 203P or the KL 200p you will get 100 watts AM and 200 watts SSB with the amp turned on. If the amp in off your power will just pass thru. Good luck PS. One last word of advice. If you are going to run a amp, DO NOT be Hap Hazard at setting your SWR with radio and antenna because your SWR will get worse when you put the amp inline and turn it on. My SWR is 1-1.1 or less and when I turn the amp on it drops to 1-1.5 which is still good. If you start out a 1-1.5 or higher no telling where you end up when you put the amp inline and turn it on. Be a shame to see your hard earned dollars go up in smoke. Shoot for perfection!
    Last edited by whiteastro; 01-25-2020 at 03:29 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to whiteastro For This Useful Post:

Turboomni (01-25-2020)

Visitors found this page by searching for

None