preps

Thread: Monkey made

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cool Monkey made

Good morning all good People. I have a Monkey Made antenna that has lost it's brass tip. Will this change my SWR setting?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It could, if the tip of the stinger broke off...If it were me, I would check the SWR.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JesseJamesDallas For This Useful Post:

222DBFL (01-26-2020), BOOTY MONSTER (01-26-2020), whiteastro (01-26-2020)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    what JJD said ... and if it has little sharp edge/burr where they cut the stinger . just smooth it out with a file or sand paper .

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks JJD for the info. Let me ask another question. Once I have my antenna set with a good SWR will it always be good no matter what radio I put in there. It's my understanding, and I might be wrong here, that swr is set to length of coax. If I don't mess with the length I should be good. Is this a true statement?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Coax shouldn't be a factor one way or another on a one antenna set-up...coax length does make a difference when co-phasing two antennas or setting up bounce-back antenna arrays or competition set-ups where you would have several antennas in a beam formation tho... But just a single antenna, use however much coax you need to get from A to B.

Once you set your antenna, as long as you don't move it to a different mounting location, or vehicle, then the SWR won't change...(unless the antenna gets damaged or maybe water inside of it) You can change radios every time you get in the car if you want, and that won't affect where you set the SWR.

Visitors found this page by searching for

None