preps

Thread: Radio question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Radio question

I was cleaning my shop out yesterday and came accross this radio that I mothballed years ago. I have my Galaxy Dx939 in the shop to get repairs. The radio that i found is a connex 3300hp. Should I send this into Roadstar to get looked at too. I believe that this was a good radio at one time.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If it wasn't stored in a wet & damp location just hook it up and try it first. I have a old Courier Conqueror 40D that wasn't run in 30+ years I just turned it on and only had to spray some controls with contact cleaner.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, I would hook it up and run it through the ringer first and see if it works or not...My Cobra 2000 GTL sit in a closet for over 40 years before i hooked it up...thing works like it was bran new.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JesseJamesDallas For This Useful Post:

whiteastro (01-26-2020)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Everything works fine on this Conex. The only problem that I had was loud feedback when I keyed the mic. I unhooked the external speaker and that took the noise out. Would it help if I got a noise cancelling mic?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    Everything works fine on this Conex. The only problem that I had was loud feedback when I keyed the mic. I unhooked the external speaker and that took the noise out. Would it help if I got a noise cancelling mic?
    Usually a NC Mic will take care of that Yes...May just need to back off the Mic Gain some tho, that usually works too.

If you want a good reasonable priced "NEW" NC Mic, look at the Ranger SRA 198's.... that radio won't squeal with one of these!

You can find the SRA 198's all day long on ebay for around $25 New with free shipping

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks JJD

Visitors found this page by searching for

None