preps
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom Console.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Custom Console.

I am planning on building a custom center console in my truck. Probably gonna build it outta pine and then have it covered to match the rest of the truck. It will pretty much house anything to do with my radio setup except for my amp.

I was just looking for any suggestions or comment that anyone might have on the subject. Ideas are appreciated as well and pics of other consoles too.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Social Networking

Follow doughboy On Twitter Add doughboy on Facebook
    Visit doughboy's Youtube Channel
    do a websearch for wingnut consoles for ideas he builds some real nice units he built mine and also builds some nicer ones then mine to

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Doughboy. I will look into that. I have a pretty good idea what I want to do but just looking for any thoughts that others might have.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I found some pics of those consoles and those things are sweet. Gave me some good ideas and found one that is almost exactly what I was planning on doing anyway.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Problem would be getting a hold of Wingnut...He quit posting over on CB Freq. over a year ago...

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i can try to call him
    by BOOTYMONSTER » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:07 pm
    how about an option to delete a thread we make ?
    ill admit im at least a part time idiot . sometimes i do double post when editing a post .
    some may find this hard to believe , but ....... sometimes i even get pissed and make a post i regret later . hard to believe huh?? lol

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well only problem contacting him is I dont have the money to go that route. He has some good looking consoles though.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Social Networking

Follow doughboy On Twitter Add doughboy on Facebook
    Visit doughboy's Youtube Channel
    the long one in the center is the one i have with all the bird and stuff mounted in looks good i can give you some measurements off of it if you like something that big

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    just an FYI,those consoles that you posted pictures of appear as they have a finish coat of some sort of coating.being a painting contractor for 20years i just want to make sure you know that you too should put a coat of finish on any wood that you choose.otherwise you will be building a new one every year depending on which part of the country you live.any cold and humidy will rip that wood to shreds in no time.i live in New Hampshire and every April if i had one that was uncoated,i would be building a new one because of the cold and moisture we get.

in places like Arizona where the air is always dry and warm,you'd need to worry less but still have to consider it.so just make sure you coat it.go to a local paint store and let them know what kind of wood you choose and they'll direct you to the best coating that will give the best protection and also give it the best look.and good luck with it,if you build one like in the pictures it'll be a nice console!

Visitors found this page by searching for

wingnut custom consoles

homemade radio console

custom cb radio console

homemade wooden console truck

custom made truck consoles

homemade truck console

cb radio consoles

homemade truck consoles

how to build a cb radio console

custom wood truck console

build a console for my truckcustom built radio consolecb radio consolehomemade center console truckhomemade cb consoleradio consoles for truckswingnut consolebuild mobile radio consolecustom made consoles for truckscb radio console planswingnut cb consolescustom cb consolecustom built wooden consoletexas star 667vwooden truck console plans