preps

Thread: Best CB Base Antenna Type

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best CB Base Antenna Type

What type of these CB antennas do you consider to be best all around. 1. Sirio Gainmaster. 2. Sirio 2016. 3 Workman W 58 or another in this price range? Looking to pick out one with some help from other members. These are all $150.00 or about that. Please respond with your preference.
    Thanks Silver Bullet

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    One important question to ask is how do they perform in the rain. I have a Hy Gain SPT 500 Super perpetrator ( $160 ) and a Sirio M400 Starduster ( $ 80.00 ) and both perform about equal in dry weather, but when it rains the M400 SWR stays right on, and it tunes good. The Hy Gain SPT500 tunes well but when it rains the SWR is affected on the negative side. I always tune my switch to run the Star Duster in the rain. Just something to think about!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maco v 58 is what I use about the same as the w 58 I just trust maco name they are owned by gizmatchoy now but its like whiteastro says my maco is unaffected by rain or ice snow

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Windwalker For This Useful Post:

JesseJamesDallas (02-16-2020), whiteastro (02-16-2020)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    if you need broad bandwidth the gain master will cover more than the others . many folks are happy with their 2016 but i'd suggest something with 1/4 wavelength ground elements . the maco/workman use the same tapped loop matching system and it's a good tuning system , i home brewed one with sloping ground elements several years ago and it performed great for me . the down fall of both the maco and workman is neither are really 5/8 wavelength antennas because their radiating element is closer to half wavelength than 5/8 .... but that can be fixed with a 3 ft piece of tubing to get it to 22 1/2 ft . in some installs it may not make much if any difference though . location location location .....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BOOTY MONSTER For This Useful Post:

222DBFL (02-18-2020)

Visitors found this page by searching for

None