preps

Thread: first contact

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

first contact

had my first chat on UK 40(fm) today with a guy down the road he was doing 5w I was doing 4w my antenna is a telescopic whip his is an external antenna but when the channel became more active I wasn't having any luck getting out of picking anyone else up but could be his far out they are as his can go up to a fair few watts I'm set at 4 but hopefully next time we will have a guy 3 miles out joining in but at least now I now it's active in my area and all I need to do is set up a better antenna or possibly just get a house with an upper level and if the weather is ok poke the whip out the window.

But you know what the hour I had in cb was much better then the hours and hours I used to spend on Facebook Twitter Instagram ect

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mrmagoo For This Useful Post:

454 (03-03-2020), whiteastro (02-26-2020)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats on the first contact! Portable radios are a lot of fun.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Social Networking

Follow Sticky Fingers On Twitter Add Sticky Fingers on Facebook Add Sticky Fingers on Google+ Add Sticky Fingers on Bebo
    Add Sticky Fingers on Linkedin Follow Sticky Fingers on Tumblr Follow Sticky Fingers on Flickr Visit Sticky Fingers's Youtube Channel Visit Sticky Fingers's Vimeo Channel
    Congrats on your first contact , FM is a bit limiting due to needing to have a fairly substantial signal for anyone more than a few km to hear you especially on a hand held radio....... save some more pennies and buy an export radio with AM FM SSB etc and a good antenna and you will make a whole lot more contacts...... Be aware that this hobby makes money mysteriously disappear lol...... My money has been vanishing for 47 years haha.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sticky Fingers For This Useful Post:

454 (05-07-2020)

Visitors found this page by searching for

None