preps
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why do Galaxy radios drift

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Since 1993, I've owned a handful of Galaxy Radios and have never had one drift on SSB. It must be something that affects the newer models only OR, there could just be non owners who don't really know for certain and are just rehashing stories they've heard, making it seem like there are thousands of drifting Galaxy sideband radios out there racking up the QSO's.
    What drifting I've heard of is happening while it warms up for about fifteen mins after being turned on but like I said, I've never actually experienced any of this with my mobile rigs not even during warm up in Dec, or January around SC.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the input but your winter temps. in SC are a lot different then our temps in N/E PA. My daughter and son-in-law just bought a house in NC and they sneak down there to escape some of the temps of this area. When it gets to Zero or below your mobile galaxy will drift til it warms up but than again all I want to do is drift out of the mobile and into a warm house. LOL

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm inclined to see it the other way. Galaxy is the party that isn't doing "it" right. This thread on this site is two years new. I too have heard in passing of this ailment and can't answer the question. Except I'm not at all inclined to purchase any one of their radios, ever; I guess I'm a bigot. Since customer feedback must not be a motivator for Galaxy, perhaps empty wallets would be the cure.

Worldwide DX Forum has a thread on the matter. [https://www.worldwidedx.com/threads/...232820/page-3] Therein you see the matter is twice as old. I might add both of my Ranger RCI radios are rock solid.
    Last edited by Alabama Buckeye; 03-10-2022 at 02:02 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Alabama Buckeye For This Useful Post:

whiteastro (03-10-2022)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I might add both of my Ranger RCI radios are rock solid.[/QUOTE]

Some people buy Galaxies because they don't feel they can afford Rangers. Your right this thread is like Digging Up Bones !

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm going to suggest cheap crystals. I have used crystal heaters on other radios to great effect.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I heard just recently Ranger sold out. To another major manufacturer as I recall. Perhaps price but unfortunately quality will decrease. Agree the cost of choices was stinging but I feel it was worth it. I only readopted my old attitude of "go big or go home" after I'd wasted money on the underling before stepping back up to the big brother.

I long ago became a State champion archer when I stopped skimping on equipment; went to the Nationals once. I let the practice, go big, wane over time until my after my 2nd lesser choice radio; not that either was junk, they just didn't have the juice I should have included with the first choice.
    All answers are opinions and may, or may not be technically correct.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Alabama Buckeye For This Useful Post:

whiteastro (03-12-2022)

Visitors found this page by searching for

http:www.cbjunkies.comthreads2278-Why-do-Galaxy-radios-drift