I've been reborn into CB radios again for several years now and have heard so many times that Galaxy radios drift and can't help but wonder why is it that galaxy radios drift? What does Galaxy do to their radios that the others don't do to theirs? It seems as Galaxy would have tried to figure this problem out and correct it. Has anyone in here ever heard of a solution to this problem? Could something be replaced in the radio with something of better quality. I love my Galaxy 979DX but I was trying a new Firestik II antenna today with amazing results and was talking with a guy whose signal faded in & out and we were both stationary. It made me think of drifting but I'm not sure if he was playing on his end with different antennas & amps. I know that Firestik II antenna was giving me amazing SWR readings and it is a 5/8 wave Top loaded antenna and my radio was reporting between 6-12 watts output on AM with channel 40 reporting 12 watts and channel 28 reporting 8 watts. Made me think I was warming up my radio! LOL. Anyone have some answers!