Uploads

Mixer to CB

Name:  IMAG1102.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  2.21 MBName:  IMAG1108.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  3.98 MB
    I'm very new to CB radio.
    Is there a way to output sound from a Mixer (Second Photo) and feed it into the microphone port of a CB transmitter (RCI29-80, First Photo)? The microphone has a 4 pin socket - it looks like Midland type.
    I use the RCI29-80 transmitter for transmitting only, not receiving, so that, effectively, when it is operating it is always switched to the "transmit" mode of operating.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Social Networking

Follow Sticky Fingers On Twitter Add Sticky Fingers on Facebook Add Sticky Fingers on Google+ Add Sticky Fingers on Bebo
    Add Sticky Fingers on Linkedin Follow Sticky Fingers on Tumblr Follow Sticky Fingers on Flickr Visit Sticky Fingers's Youtube Channel Visit Sticky Fingers's Vimeo Channel
    So are you just looking for some EQ to shape your audio so it sounds a little nicer etc...... you sure don't need that big ol mixer to do that..... just lookup microphone equalizer on ebay you can easily mod any of those units to work with your radio...... you will get EQ settings compression mic gain etc even a noise gate if you want to go that far.... and there small and not very expensive..... I own two of them and there great

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    no, the mixer would receive various church microphone inputs and sends them all to the CB Transmitter so that the housebound (sick and elderly) can hear the service on their CB radio receivers. Its just that I don't know of an audio lead that connects the mixer and the cb microphone input.

Currently the CB transmitter microphone is connected to a single speaker in the church. The problem is that the wiring is loose which makes the transmission "hit and miss". I could re-wire the thing....but I though that I could have a better system. I thought that a direct connection between Mixer and CB Transmitter would be better than Speaker and CB Transmitter.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Social Networking

Follow Sticky Fingers On Twitter Add Sticky Fingers on Facebook Add Sticky Fingers on Google+ Add Sticky Fingers on Bebo
    Add Sticky Fingers on Linkedin Follow Sticky Fingers on Tumblr Follow Sticky Fingers on Flickr Visit Sticky Fingers's Youtube Channel Visit Sticky Fingers's Vimeo Channel
    ok yes i see...... I'm sorry , I guess if I had the system in question I could work out a way to do it , but for now at least I would go and fix the wiring and get the currant system working. An option for the future is maybe a small FM transmitter Like for a small community radio station would be a better option and would not need for your listeners to have a cb radio...... just a standard FM radio to tune in on. Good luck

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Sticky Fingers for your suggestions.
    Do you know if my Transmittter (RCI - 2980) can be turned into a normal FM transmitter (not CB)? And even if it could, is it legal (Republic of ireland) to transmit on FM band? As I said, I'm new to radio broadcasting.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Social Networking

No it's not suitable as an FM radio transmitter , it will get very hot very fast and then pop the finals and besides that you need a transmitter that will transmit on the standard FM music radio band and a CB radio just wont do that .

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks. What about the existing 20 ft Arial on the roof? Can that be used in conjunction with the small FM transmitter that you suggested before? Also, does FM broadcasting have permission issues?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Social Networking

No you wont be able to use the CB antenna , and you will have to check the regulations where you live, here small community radio stations are free to operate under a certain wattage level and at a frequency away from other stations so as to not cause interference. small low power radio stations only cover 15-20 miles depending on terrain. You will have to make enquire's as to what is allowed where you live.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Sticky Fingers.

Visitors found this page by searching for

None