preps
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Custom Mobile Install

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Custom Mobile Install

Well finally got around to modifying the CB Pocket in my custom made console between the seats of my travel van so I could give my 979, foot warmer and Freq. counter it's rightful home for a coming up road trip. Also pulled a dedicated circuit direct from the battery to power it all. I'll polish it all after the road trip!Name:  Custom Install.JPG
Views: 358
Size:  1.91 MB

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Best of luck with it!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Turboomni For This Useful Post:

whiteastro (06-02-2020)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Turboomni View Post
    Best of luck with it!
    Thanks it seems to be working well. Been hearing a lot of skip on it but haven't had time to find a place to park my rig to check it out. And trying to talk skip in traffic is too risky. But like Booty Monster said ( If you can't hear it you can't talk to it. ) I'm sure you have been having fun with skip because it seems to be rolling lately!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes it has been rolling . I run a rm italy 201 which is about the same as yours and if I can hear them they can usually hear me,but not always. Point is I think you will do just fine with the 200p your running.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Turboomni For This Useful Post:

whiteastro (06-03-2020)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes it has been rolling . I run a rm italy 201 which is about the same as yours and if I can hear them they can usually hear me,but not always. Point is I think you will do just fine with the 200p your running.
    My 200P already has a track record, It was my first amp running my 980 as a base. I talked from Maine to Florida & Louisiana, and out to Wisconsin with it on my Star Duster antenna. So I know it will perform, we will just have to see what it will do with my K40 on top of my Van. I'm not expecting as much from the K40 but I'm not living in the van either. LOL PS I also have a KL 203P that is going to drive my Tram 300 antenna on my little Chevy Cobalt car for the fun of it in my local commutes. That little Tram 300 dresses that Black Cobalt up and everyone compliments it and It gets out fairly well for it's size. I can't wait to try it with the 203P. Don't mind me I'm just going back into my second childhood. LOL
    Last edited by whiteastro; 06-03-2020 at 08:34 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to whiteastro For This Useful Post:

Turboomni (06-03-2020)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice man ! Have fun!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Turboomni For This Useful Post:

whiteastro (06-04-2020)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For what it's worth I really like my Sirio Performer 5000 mag mount. What's neet about it is it can fold back. My truck is 6 feet or so to the roof and the Sirio is close to 7 feet. I fold it back enroute to my calling destination and pop it up when needed. What state you in? I am in Western MA/NY State Line. My dipole is aimed SW/NE
    Last edited by Turboomni; 06-04-2020 at 09:22 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Turboomni For This Useful Post:

whiteastro (06-04-2020)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For what it's worth I really like my Sirio Performer 5000 mag mount. What's neet about it is it can fold back. My truck is 6 feet or so to the roof and the Sirio is close to 7 feet. I fold it back enroute to my calling destination and pop it up when needed. What state you in? I am in Western MA/NY State Line. My dipole is aimed SW/NE
    I am in N/E PA about 40 miles from the NY border. Yes your Sirio Performer looks interesting and sounds like a good antenna but I would be afraid to put it on top of my Astro van because my van is over 6' tall and I would be hitting all the trees around here so it wouldn't last long. I tried many mag mount antennas on top of my van and the K40 is the tallest one I can live with and get great SWR. My K40 has a quarter turn dismount system so I can separate the bottom coil and mass from the base for when I need to get into low spots. That's the problem, not everyone can have the tallest antenna because of our environment. I guess that is the price we pay for loving our green trees so we make the most of our situation. Happy DXing
    Last edited by whiteastro; 06-04-2020 at 06:23 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to whiteastro For This Useful Post:

Turboomni (06-04-2020)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well while cruising an old dirt road on a hill top with my van today I spoke with 449 from Nova Scotia Canada and had a nice chat. So that is my farthest contact to the North East yet, so I guess the system is putting out. Happy DXing

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice man ,,good to hear!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Turboomni For This Useful Post:

whiteastro (06-07-2020)

Visitors found this page by searching for

None