preps

Thread: Another New old guy

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Another New old guy

The 70s were a cb'ers heaven. Almost everyone on the east end had one. In the mid 80s is when I got married, moved into my 1st house and set up my station. Uniden pro640e
    with a new antron 99 on the roof. A couple of years went by with good local and dx contacts. 1990 bought a house,never got to install station. Fast forward to today. The antron is up,new 980ssb,with the 640e for backup. I'm back!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Big Till 3.0 For This Useful Post:

middleman (08-10-2020)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome back to the fever!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whiteastro For This Useful Post:

Big Till 3.0 (07-21-2020), middleman (08-10-2020)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Big 10-4 on that, made some great contacts in the 70's. My first time in '74 was with a 3 watt walkie talkie with the metal pull up antenna touching the TV antenna cable on the house. Conditions must've been just right since me and my friend briefly talked to someone in WV from northern NJ! After the early 80's, three decades went by without any involvement in radio. Got my ham ticket in '11 and decided to blow the dust off my old '76 Midland 23 ch. base using my 12 meter 3-element beam 60' in the air(with a tuner of course). I couldn't believe what a barefoot radio can do with good conditions.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to middleman For This Useful Post:

whiteastro (08-07-2020)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I couldn't believe what a barefoot radio can do with good conditions.[/QUOTE]

Yes running barefoot can have it's surprise moments for sure but when the skip is really hot you get covered up by the big boys. My Grand-daughter got a chance the other day to witness my bare foot Cobra 29 on a makeshift antenna talk 2 states away, and clearly! Really took me by surprise also. She thought it was cool and she is only 14 so I hope I created another CB Junkie so our sickness gets passed on. LOL

8. The Following User Says Thank You to whiteastro For This Useful Post:

middleman (08-10-2020)

Visitors found this page by searching for

None