The results of my testing is a strange. Keep in mind, I'm relatively new to the CB-radio game after a few decades. "Back in the '80s..." it seemed like everyone was using CBs, what I'm trying to find out is, is my configuration wrong? or is there just no one broadcasting anymore?

Here's my setup:
1. MIDLAND 75-822, bought in 2017.
2. Antenna: Wilson 5000 with a 60" antenna, magnetic mounted to the trunk of a late model Dodge Charger. The Wilson came with a 18' cable out of the box.
3. Tuned now in 2020 with an SWR meter for the Charger.

Here's what I did:
A. I originally tuned it for a Dodge Magnum (moving antenna up and down), and I put it on the Charger trunk without re-tuning it.
B. I used the Charger a few times on CA HWY-5 but failed to pick up any reception except for the occasional channel which seemed very distant and staticky.
C. I recently re-checked it with the SWR meter for the Charger, and it did not need tuning.
D. Parked in the driveway I picked up distant and static shoot-the-wind conversations on channel 19 (which I'm surprised), but nothing else on any other channel. From Riverside, CA.
E. I originally ran the cable along the inside edging trim of the car from the trunk to the front, but there was so much engine noise that I pulled it out. Freeing the cable from center of trunk through interior seating space helped but not completely.
F. Power is plugged into the powered "cigarette" lighter in the front console.

Questions:
i. is everything working OK, but noone is out there? Shouldn't there be a lot more activity on HWY-5?
ii. is my receiver under-powered?
iii. is there interference with the car body or engine that I should shield?
iv. is the antenna over-powered and I should get a smaller antenna?

Any guidance is helpful, thanks!