preps

Thread: Pinto 23 Channel Base Station JCPenney power supply help

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pinto 23 Channel Base Station JCPenney power supply help

Pinto 23 Channel Base Station, JCPenney, power supply help. What power supply will work? The DC12Volt in the top right of the image is a single rectangle adapter (One metal connector). I am assuming that works in conjunction with the bottom ground clip in the bottom left of the image.

1st: Can an AC cord be wired up straight to the AC120Volt? Is there a step down inside the CB?
    2nd: I'm not sure of the type of DC12Volt connector with just a single clip. What is is called?

I'm totally new to this so please bear with me. Thank you for your support.

Pink placard notes:
    Catalog No. 981-0607
    12Volt DC-Negative Ground
    120 Volt AC 60Hz 25W
    Fuse 2 Ampere

Name:  23-Channel-Base-Station.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  6.94 MB

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It originally probably came with two different power cords...one for AC and another for DC. Some Sears brand radios came with two also.

Most likely if the radio has a built in Transformer, then all you would need to do is rig up a cord to those two pins where the AC cord would plug in, and be good to go...If there's not a big transformer on the inside then you would need a AC/DC converter, but I'm willing to bet the radio has a transformer inside.

Be better to have the original cord...good luck finding one.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JesseJamesDallas For This Useful Post:

JayT (09-14-2020)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I opened it and YES, it did have the transformer. I was able to use an old PC cord to power it with a little tweaking. Thank you, JesseJamesDallas, for your help. Now I'm going to look into beefing up this old thing.

Visitors found this page by searching for

http:www.cbjunkies.comthreads2378-Pinto-23-Channel-Base-Station-JCPenney-power-supply-help