preps

Thread: CB vs HF Radio for SSB?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

CB vs HF Radio for SSB?

I have a question. That I hope, isn't totally irrelevant. I do not know, much about radios or antennas.

Or SSB. But, I know there are CB radios, that have SSB also. I think, I have seen pictures of and have

heard of people, that use HF radios for SSB? Ex. (Itron radios)? and a few others?

If, in fact...this is true. Would a HF radio, be better... for a home base application for SSB.

(Higher Quality) radio? Than say... a CB radio w/SSB? Would love to hear, some opinions. On this

subject. Any, wisdom anyone could give on this subject. Would be appreciated!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BOOTY MONSTER For This Useful Post:

whiteastro (11-30-2020)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is a lot to be said about todays solid state linear amps, which is the main reason some users look for the newer HF units to get more watts. A good CB unit with a clean output and properly tuned amplifier will do even better as it is less likely to create spurious signals that would interfere and detract from its clean output.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    CB/export radios do not have the sensitivity , filtering , stability , bandwidth or clarifying ability of ham radios . and CB amps are not linear amplifiers . there are solid-state ham amplifiers but they are a whole different critter than what texas star , dave made , x-force (insert your favorite shit box here) are putting out . it's like comparing a volkswagen to a bentley or a lamborghini . yea the slug bug will get you there , but not as fast or with as much class .

but those radios can get EXPENSIVE and you'll need a ticket to use them outside the 11 meter band .

Visitors found this page by searching for

None