preps

Thread: Solarcon - MAX-2000 set-up

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Solarcon - MAX-2000 set-up

just bought a Solarcon-MAX-2000 with the ground plane kit for my base station. Aside from using 75 to 100ft of RG213 coax and mounting it 35 to 40 ft in the air is there any thig special I should do?? Thanks
    Mobile - COBRA 29 LTD Classic NW Custom CB, Super-Tuned, Swing Kit, High Receive, Digital Echo - Astatic 575M-6 Microphone - RM Italy KL-503 - FireStik FS-4BK Antenna
    Base Station - COBRA 29 LTD Classic NW Custom CB, Super-Tuned, Swing Kit, High Receive - Carl Built 2 Pill Base Amp, Iron Core - Ranger SRA 198 Microphone - Solarcon Max 2000 Base Station Antenna

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Social Networking

Follow Keithfailk On Twitter Add Keithfailk on Facebook
    Add Keithfailk on Linkedin Visit Keithfailk's Youtube Channel

Online dating anonymously without fees and subscriptions

Online dating anonymously without fees and subscriptions. - Without delay - All right and anchored - Enormous careen of users around the existence - Search takes minutes! Participate with the link: JOIN NOW
    connection with me bit.ly/2LlHjYV

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ]
    Seriously??? Ask for antenna help and this is what I get...Fricken lot--lizzards ��
    Mobile - COBRA 29 LTD Classic NW Custom CB, Super-Tuned, Swing Kit, High Receive, Digital Echo - Astatic 575M-6 Microphone - RM Italy KL-503 - FireStik FS-4BK Antenna
    Base Station - COBRA 29 LTD Classic NW Custom CB, Super-Tuned, Swing Kit, High Receive - Carl Built 2 Pill Base Amp, Iron Core - Ranger SRA 198 Microphone - Solarcon Max 2000 Base Station Antenna

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by OCme View Post
    just bought a Solarcon-MAX-2000 with the ground plane kit for my base station. Aside from using 75 to 100ft of RG213 coax and mounting it 35 to 40 ft in the air is there any thig special I should do?? Thanks
    I've heard of a lot of these newer Max2k antennas having high swr issues right out of the box, I'd suggest testing it low on the mast first before you put a lot of energy to get it up high, only to have to take it down.

A really clean installation I saw on a ham site was, it was mounted directly on a 100" pole with about 18" of solid fiberglass rod insulating the top 100" pole from the rest of the lower mast, then the coax was wrapped into a 5 turn by 4" diameter choke around the fiberglass rod at 108" down the coax to act as a 1/4 wave counterpoise and to help isolate the rest of the coax from there down from radiating and getting into neighbors electronics as well as helping to prevent RFi in his shack.

Plus it looked really clean and he used non-metallic cord for guying it.

It has to have a 1/4 wave long ground and both the 100" of tubing and 108" of coax shield work for that until the RF stops at the choke.

You wrote that you bought the radial kit, but I don't really believe in a radial that isn't a full 1/4 wave long.

Maybe that might help a little?

And yeah, what's with that advert? I thought that was a violation of the forum rules.
    Last edited by Cedar Mountain Radio; 01-05-2021 at 01:59 AM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the advice. The antenna has been just sitting in my garage since I got it two months ago. I've got so many projects going on that I haven't had the time to do anything with it. Hopefully I'll be able to try it out this Spring.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    the choke doesn't stop RF , it reduces common mode currents . if the choke stopped RF the signal would never make it to the antenna .

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BOOTY MONSTER View Post
    the choke doesn't stop RF , it reduces common mode currents . if the choke stopped RF the signal would never make it to the antenna .
    What's the CMC (common mode current) made of? RF
    Now try re-reading the post and actually understanding what's being stated and maybe you won't make silly comments.
    Last edited by Cedar Mountain Radio; 03-14-2021 at 08:47 PM.

Visitors found this page by searching for

None