preps

Thread: Uniden Pc68LTW CB

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Uniden Pc68LTW CB

Uniden CB Every thing works fine. Except the WX weather channels. Tried everything. Need Help.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I never had a cb radio with the weather in it so I don't know much about it but is your antenna suitable for picking up the weather signal? Just a guess !

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have not had one of these....but I just scoured around and was not too surprised at what I came up with.

Two owners......said the WX bands did not work. One of them said he unscrewed the CB antenna and then just cut a piece of wire about 18 or 19 inches long and stuck it in the center hole on the antenna jack (SO-239). When he did that... he could tune and actually HEAR the weather channels.

What this suggests to me is that Uniden "just figured" the CB antenna would work as a random length antenna but it appears that between the output filters of the radio AND the CB antenna tuned for 27 MHz.... the tuning is not broad banded enough for the weather channels which are way up into VHF.

I think the first thing I would do that is try the above. Just cut a piece of wire about 17" long (1/4 wavelength at 162.5 MHz), fold and stuff the tip of it into the antenna connector center pin hole and see if you can pick them up then.

If you can't this isn't your problem.

If it is, you might have some choices.....

1) antenna switch to swing over to a VHF antenna to make the WX band receivers happy, or
    2) fudge in a wire in to your present antenna connector that is about 17" long. In THEORY it should not resonate at 27 Mhz so should not bother the CB operation. Sounds dumb but it may be worth a try.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bobcat For This Useful Post:

whiteastro (12-27-2020)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tried with 17" wire, but still did not work. Thanks.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmie For This Useful Post:

whiteastro (12-27-2020)

Visitors found this page by searching for

None