I would suggest reading in the CB base antenna section of the forum to start getting a base knowledge of what people prefer and get some answers there. There is a lot to consider when choosing which antenna to run with, mostly what are your local ordinances are on antennas, how much you have to spend, what obstacles you have to work around, and how far you want to reach out. If you just want to talk with your local buddies and have a small budget a lot of people like the cheap Dipole antenna which is easy to put up and easy to hide if you have ordinance problems. The M400 Star Duster works well for a lot of people and is really affordable but not for everybody because everyone has their favorites when it comes to vertical antennas. And then you get to the group of people who want to talk World Wide and like the Beam antennas. You have to figure out where you want to go with your project and I hope some of the other knowledgeable people in here start chiming in because I'm no expert on the matter. If you are a church group I will suggest you pick a channel that is not used much because there is a lot of foul people with no class on the radio and that will never change. Good luck and come on CB gang start chiming in to help this young fellow !