preps

Thread: ground noise on base radio ugh!!!!!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

ground noise on base radio ugh!!!!!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A much better valued product is the Squelch adjustment, often found integral to the On/Off/Volume switch. And it's fully paid for. And if you're lucky you can decrease the RF Gain in conjunction with Squelch.
    All answers are opinions and may, or may not be technically correct.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll just say that my experience with ground noise is from differences in your grounds. Grounds from water pipes is not good enough anymore. Grounds from outlets can be hit and miss depending on the codes at the time of their design and installation by the electrical contractor that built the house and pulled the wires and installed fuze panels or whatever was the code. I like to install two or more grounds, one at the base of an antenna, a four foot copper clad stake, three feet in the ground. One inch, flat, braided, silver tinned copper conductor to the station ground and another stake at that point, the station ground. If any other devices are in line with the transmission coax, they need to be grounded to the closest ground, these include remote boosters(amps) and filters. Outside influences can be induced through the power source and should not be present in any mobile units.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Turn off electrical things in the house that cause the noise...In my house, the main culprit is the Plazma TV in the living room...

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Plasma sets, whether in a TV or some small display panel use up to 90 volts AC and can cause some strange noises. I seen smaller ones on coffee makes, microwave ovens, toasters and even some woodworking shop gear.

Visitors found this page by searching for

None