preps
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skip Shooter Antennas

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Skip Shooter Antennas

I have been looking, at Skip Shooter antennas. I haven't found, a lot on you-tube. And, was wondering

if anyone, has used this antenna... that could give an opinion, on them. I currently, use a magnetic

mount, Wilson 1000. That works really good.

I was thinking, of getting the 7 footer. But, got to thinking... if it will perform any better, than the Wilson

1000? The Wilson 1000, is a 62" steel whip. The Skip Shooter, is a 84" fiberglass antenna.

I would, like any and all opinions, on this antenna decision. Here is a link:

http://www.skipshooterantennas.com/Antennas/S7.html

Thanks
    Last edited by Vagabond; 05-02-2021 at 02:16 PM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    7' fiberglass antenna..."where do you plan on mounting it?"...That's allot of stiff-antenna to mount on a roof...and any place else, would be a compromise and the antenna won't operate to it's full potential.

If your going to put a coiled antenna on the roof, and want to go with the 6-7 footers, then you need one that has some flex to it so when it hits something, it doesn't get broke or knocked off...

Check out the regular single coil Predator 10K, or "lil sweetie" Predator 10K...
    https://www.bobscb.com/shop/product/...e-CB-Antennas/

http://www.claysradioshop.com/citize...orantennas.htm
    Last edited by JesseJamesDallas; 05-16-2021 at 12:37 PM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JesseJamesDallas For This Useful Post:

BOOTY MONSTER (05-12-2021), Vagabond (10-20-2023)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks JesseJamesDallas,

I appreciate, your time and post.... a lot! To answer your question. My antenna and any future antenna will sit on top of the cab, of my Toyota Tacoma. My Wilson 1000 is probably ~11-12Ft. up in the air.
    Thanks again for your help.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    why stop at 84 inches ? why not get the MFJ 108 incher ?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    Thanks JesseJamesDallas,

I appreciate, your time and post.... a lot! To answer your question. My antenna and any future antenna will sit on top of the cab, of my Toyota Tacoma. My Wilson 1000 is probably ~11-12Ft. up in the air.
    Thanks again for your help.
    Here's how I have my Predator 10K mounted on my Tacoma...worked out really well, plus no holes in the roof!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JesseJamesDallas For This Useful Post:

BOOTY MONSTER (05-19-2021), Vagabond (05-23-2021)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    JesseJamesDallas,

Thank-you, for the nice pictures. That predator antenna and Toyota Tacoma look great... nice install.

Is that a 2003 Tacoma? Also, think those rims are sharp looking... what kind are they???

Never mind... Upon, further inspection. Look's like Toyota rims. I like them.
    Last edited by Vagabond; 05-26-2021 at 03:15 PM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey JesseJamesDallas, if you snipped off a couple of those coil turns you should get a bit more gain by adding a longer whip than what appears to currently be only about a 4' whip.

I'd try to get the # of coil turns down to as few as required (3-4?) for matching a Sirio 5000 6' whip (if you can order one from Sirio) - unless that would make it too tall & cause it to smack stuff.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedar Mountain Radio View Post
    Hey JesseJamesDallas, if you snipped off a couple of those coil turns you should get a bit more gain by adding a longer whip than what appears to currently be only about a 4' whip.

I'd try to get the # of coil turns down to as few as required (3-4?) for matching a Sirio 5000 6' whip (if you can order one from Sirio) - unless that would make it too tall & cause it to smack stuff.
    I wouldn't say cutting the coil on a 10K is impossible...but wouldn't be all that easy to do either...be better off just calling Kale up and having him custom build you a coil.

That 10K tuned around 6'...I have a Monkey Made "Big John" I also run on the truck that tuned around 7' and gets about the same results as the Predator in the pictures

Like I said, no noticeable gain or anything between the two antennas mounted in the same place on my truck...also have a old 102" whip I've stuck on there before, and didn't find any differences other than the whip being a little more broad-banded than the other two. (and whacking everything I drove under that had less than 13' clearance.)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, tall antennas smack everything. I recall seeing a guy with a 102" stainless steel whip atop his Toyota truck pull into the gas station where I was filling up and busted 4-5 florescent lights then realizing what he'd done, zoomed outta there! I just laughed.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cedar Mountain Radio For This Useful Post:

JesseJamesDallas (01-16-2023)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedar Mountain Radio View Post
    Yep, tall antennas smack everything. I recall seeing a guy with a 102" stainless steel whip atop his Toyota truck pull into the gas station where I was filling up and busted 4-5 florescent lights then realizing what he'd done, zoomed outta there! I just laughed.
    Yep, not hard to do with a whip...Heck I was smacking bridges when I went under them...and some of them had a 14' clearance!

Visitors found this page by searching for

http:www.cbjunkies.comthreads2497-Skip-Shooter-Antennas