Hello everyone! I’m new to CB radio. I started by getting a handheld Midland 75-822, and thought it was cool as heck. Shortly after, I decided I had to get a dedicated unit for my truck. After about a hundred YT videos, and still not knowing a lot about CB radio I bought and installed a Uniden BearTracker 885. So far I’m pleased with it, except for one thing. I could do with a better antenna set up too; but that’s a different story altogether...

So I read and reread the manual till I became familiar with the features and operation. The Scanner part, seems to work just as Uniden claims. A stripped down scanner, by comparison to a dedicated unit, I know... But still, it does what they said. Here’s my newbie problem...

I cannot for the life of me, figure out how to get the unit to scan the CB stations. Being that the unit is a CB/Scanner hybrid, I assumed that surely this feature is present in this CB radio. So I reread the manual. Again, and again... Still seeing no mention of how to get the unit to do this. My Midland handheld scans, stops for a second when it hears traffic, and gives me the chance to PTT, and join the conversation. So I can’t imagine that this higher dollar dedicated unit doesn’t have a similar feature. I have to be missing something. Don’t I..? The manual doesn’t help. Can’t find any videos, or threads on this particular feature; and random button, knob, combo pressing, and spinning has yielded nothing...

Any ideas?