preps

Thread: Suggestions for an alterntor needed-

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Suggestions for an alterntor needed-

hi folks,i have a Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd. V8 that is all stock under the hood.right now i don't have anything that would necessitate a larger alternator but within the next six months i plan on buying a larger amp than i have right now(just have a 2-2879pill Magnum 2000 amp with 270peak watts).but i never know when i will get an influx of cash and if that happens anytime soon,i'd like to be prepared and know which brand of alternator i should be looking to and what size.
    i don't think i'd buy anything over the 500watts peak for the mobile,the base is a different story but i am not considering the base right now.

just curious what brand of alternator and what size i should research.i know nothing about upgraded alternators so a little direction would be great if any of ya's know.
    thanks in advance for any help,Gravy626

p.s.i would be running my radio off of the 12v cigarette plug.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    http://www.mechman.com/ i deal we these people , there very nice and professional . and there much cheaper than

nations

3. The Following User Says Thank You to High Voltage Mobile NJ For This Useful Post:

Mistah Gravy (04-05-2012)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks Voltage,i'll go check them out now although i won't need one right now,if i start my research now then by the time i need one i will know all that i need to know.thanks!!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    holy shit..... they have one alternator for my Grand Cherokee and it's $449.00 WOW is that normal price for alternators.i know an SUV is slightly higher but are car alternator prices in the same range?either way i am sure it's good and it's worth it.i'd just have to have a really nice amp to want or need to spend almost five beans.but i will,should i come across a nice amp for the mobile.i have two small two-2879pill amps right now one pushes 260peak and the other pushes 270peak.for now one of those will do for the mobile.i'd set the base up with a nice competition style amp first.either way,good info thanks!!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Alternators are all expensive, when you step up to high output amperage, no matter what vehicle you drive.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    im so happy with the performance i got out of mine . im kicking ass now .

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    no kidding Lumpy.although used alternators(stock sized)aren't bad.i bought a new/used one back in November for about $35.00 from a used auto parts yard(that's what you call a junk yard now-a-days lol)and qs surprised at how inexpensive it was.i truly expected tp pay upwards of a hundred bucks for it.it's still in the Jeeo here it is almost six months later(lol).

actually.i've got a couple of buddies that have their own repair shops and wonder if they can get me a little discount through one of the places that sell these upgraded alternators when and if the time comes that i'd need one.

Visitors found this page by searching for

ac alternator for cb radio

magnum 2000 base cb amplifier